Basic Questions

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Basic Questions

Postby sbaker8688 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:20 am

1) Am I allowed to download Amplitube (specifically 5) as often as needed, forever? Like, if I wipe a hard drive and want to reinstall, or if I buy a new computer in the future, or if a computer dies and I need to install on another one, etc?

2) How many devices am I allowed to install it on? For instance I want to install it on both my laptop and my desktop.
sbaker8688

Re: Basic Questions

Postby garfy » Tue May 18, 2021 11:28 am

Hi yaddayadda1 and welcome to the forum

1) Yes, you can download as many times as you want/need. You get 10 authorisations to begin with. If you know you're going to wipe/reinstall you should de-authorise before doing that which means you don't lose that authorisation. If you have the unfortunate HD failure multiple times and use all 10 authorisations, you can contact IK Support who will help you out.

2) You can have the software installed and authorised on upto 3 machines at any one time as long as you personally own them all, you only use one at a time and you don't sell the machines on still authorised. You can read the full EULA here...

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling