Amplitube 5 How to Drag and Drop Audio Track [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 How to Drag and Drop Audio Track [Resolved]

Postby OCDave79 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:22 pm

I am trying to add a drum track to the 8 track recorder. When I drag the MP3 file from my PC over the track I cannot drop the file in. There is an symbol of an "O" with line through it meaning action cannot be performed. What am I doing wrong?

The manual lists this as a function.

4.1.1.2 – Importing audio
To import an audio clip to the 8-track recorder simply drag and drop the audio file from anywhere in your
computer to the waveform display window. All common audio formats are supported.
OCDave79

Re: Amplitube 5 How to Drag and Drop Audio Track

Postby garfy » Tue May 18, 2021 12:42 pm

Hello OCDave79 and welcome to the forums.

That does sound a bit strange and, as long as there's nothing amiss with the audio file, not expected behaviour. The lack of answers from users suggests it is not a widespread issue.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby OCDave79 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:46 pm

Thanks for information. I reached out and will provide feedback on issue.
OCDave79

Postby OCDave79 » Wed May 19, 2021 1:44 pm

This was a unique issue but I have figured it out. When I first installed Amplitube 5 (AT5) I kept getting a java script error when attempting to double click on the shortcut. Instead I would right click and pick run as administrator. That option caused the issue.

To correct my Java script error:

1. Open IK Product Manager
2. Locate AT5
3. Hover over the Green Checkmark icon saying "Installed"
4. The Icon will now toggle to say "Reinstall"
5. Select Reinstall
6. Close all apps and reboot for good measure

Support was not really sure either. I was instructed to close apps and reboot my PC which was already done many times before contacting them. You did not need to reauthorize with my steps. Appears should never use run as admin to open program. Even after installing again would have same issue.
OCDave79

Re: Amplitube 5 How to Drag and Drop Audio Track [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 19, 2021 1:56 pm

I am pleased that you have found a way to remove the problem.

Please let Support know (and link to this thread) so that the product team can fix the underling problems in the program (or installer?).

----------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling