Change from Soldano SLO-100 to SLD 100

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Change from Soldano SLO-100 to SLD 100

Postby DigiHrro » Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

I really feel dismayed on what happened here. It was supposed to be the second officially certified model I had for free (after the Orange Tiny Terror and the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier). Will they ever change it back once they got some sort of license again?
DigiHrro

Re: Change from Soldano SLO-100 to SLD 100

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm

It's the same exact model. There is nothing to be dismayed about.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MKK205 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:35 am

Maybe Soldano wasn't happy with their licensed amp model given away for free :shock:

A bit disappointing to be honest. Even when they sound absolutely the same, i always like fully licensed 1:1 models :D
MKK205

Postby Greggo704 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Probably because Soldano licensed the name to _. Same thing has happened with the Ampeg SVX collection is now non licensed. I personally don't care, the sound of the models is exactly the same, unless people have a placebo affect where they think it sounded better when licensed.
Greggo704

Postby carlaz » Tue May 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Yes, I suspect that although many manufacturers of physical gear are willing to license their names/logos for specific, limited periods of time, but not in perpetuity. Licensing also means a chunk of of IKM's revenue, so there may also be cases where there's no advantage in pursuing a licensing deal or its renewal.

I understand the attraction of official licensing: there are such a huge number of pieces of gear of different makes and ages, and how many people have heard Hendrix's own Marshall at full blast so that they could tell whether a model captured it adequately or no? :lol: Licensing provides some reassurance in an age of "any programmer can skin any amp sim with a logo that vaguely implies Orange's", etc.

That said, I have over the years developed reasonable confidence in IKM's modeling powers. :mrgreen: I know that the ENGL Powerball model was originally developed without any licensing deal and that ENGL came along later, liking it so well that the same model ended up with their official name and logo on it. 8-) So I'm perfectly happy if new models that are simply "based on" come along, without manufacturer or artist endorsements, and I am not too bothered if originally licensed logos go away.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling