Need some simple help with the User Interface (Amplitube 5)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need some simple help with the User Interface (Amplitube 5)

Postby ChaseRace » Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 am

Hey all :) I've been using Amplitube since I picked up an Irig and Focusrite and I love it. The upgrades to 5 are fantastic. So here is a simple question with the Amplitube 5 interface that I am having difficulty with:

https://imgur.com/T2w8tqe

How do you change the highlighted (in red) time-measuring at the top and within the recording grid; to read as per bars and not raw-seconds?
ChaseRace

Re: Need some simple help with the User Interface (Amplitube

Postby garfy » Wed May 05, 2021 11:09 am

Hello chaserace and welcome to the forums.

Well, that's a doozie you've got there. I can't find anything in the manual that mentions time instead of bars being shown there and I can't find a way to change my bars to time, so I'm at a loss.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ChaseRace » Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 am

Thank you kindly for the reply! I'm still stuck, though not upset or anything. It's simply a technical challenge I wish to overcome. But yeah I think somewhere along the line I must have hit a hotkey combination or something along those lines, that switched the measuring system up on me.

Though, the interesting thing is, that this has now happened to 2 of my projects and at different times. It always occurs randomly and never on-the-fly, but through the saving and/or exporting steps. Like I've never been playing with it measuring it correctly and then it suddenly changes or anything, it just changes at random between sessions. Each time I've had to "fix it", the fix was simply to just start over and re record it all and just hope it doesn't do it again.

Well, it did it yet again on a new, new project so I'm gonna spend as much time as I can to try and solve this before I continue because it seems it'll happen each time. Either a part of the process I am not doing correctly or, as many have expressed to me; they feel it's likely bugs in the software as there have been a semi-noticeable amount since release. It's no sleight on me or anything if that's the case; I still love Amplitube 5, I just gotta get this solved so I can keep working *with* Amplitube 5.

And I am also quite a bit lost on it.
ChaseRace

Postby garfy » Thu May 06, 2021 8:31 am

I appreciate the frustration that this may cause. However, I think your best course of action would be to follow the link I posted above and raise a ticket with Official IK Support to get some help from them. If this is a 'bug' (ie users reporting the problem is widespread) then they may already have an answer for you.

However, I cannot recall anyone posting here expressing similar problems, so it may be something to do with your system which, again, Official Support will be able to help you with.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Grim_Valentine » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:34 am

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem and I can't find anything on how to change this.
Grim_Valentine

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling