Using T-Racks effects in Amplitube 5 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Using T-Racks effects in Amplitube 5 [Resolved]

Postby biggtime » Mon May 03, 2021 5:12 pm

I'm trying out Amplitube 5 - the free version - because I already have Amplitube 4 Max and want to see whether it's worth upgrading. I also have T-RackS 5. My question is, if already have a module like Black 76 in T-RackS, should I be able to use it in Amplitube 5 as well? At the moment, it is still padlocked. But I don't know whether that's because I'm using free Amplitube 5, or because the two VSTs don't talk to each other and I have to buy the effects a second time to use them in Amplitube. Also, when I click on Custom Shop in Amplitube 5, it doesn't do anything. Should it?
Cheers!
biggtime

Re: Using T-Racks effects in Amplitube 5

Postby garfy » Tue May 04, 2021 9:52 am

Hello biggtime and welcome to the forum.

biggtime wrote:My question is, if already have a module like Black 76 in T-RackS, should I be able to use it in Amplitube 5 as well?

I'm afraid not. AT5 and TR5 are two separate apps. You could use AT5 in your DAW and then have your TR5 processors following it as an insert in the DAW signal chain.

biggtime wrote:Also, when I click on Custom Shop in Amplitube 5, it doesn't do anything. Should it?

Yes, it should open the Custom Shop app to purchase other gear. You should be able to see this app as a separate icon in your program/applications folder (OS dependent). Try opening it direct and see if that works.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby biggtime » Tue May 04, 2021 4:00 pm

Cheers! All good advice, and will give it a try. It's just the presets that utilise these additional effects that I'll miss out on.

And yes, I do seem to have a problem getting the Custom Shop app to install. Each time I try it fails. I'd wondered whether Amplitube had a built in version, but it seems not. I'll try again.
biggtime

Postby jjguitar » Sat May 08, 2021 3:01 pm

biggtime wrote:And yes, I do seem to have a problem getting the Custom Shop app to install. Each time I try it fails. I'd wondered whether Amplitube had a built in version, but it seems not. I'll try again.

Does it show up the Custom Shop icon on your desktop ?
If yes, custom shop is installed. If you can´t open it, disable "proxy server" in your computer settings. This worked for me.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby biggtime » Mon May 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Cheers! I do seem to have managed it now. It was struggling to find one particular file, which when I searched was not where it expected to find it. I copied the missing file to the location the software wanted, and hey presto! Custom Shop installed! Phew.
biggtime

Postby garfy » Mon May 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Great stuff. Glad you've got it all sorted biggtime.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling