Having problems with AMP 5 in Garageband

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Having problems with AMP 5 in Garageband

Postby andjones1960 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:11 am

Hello everyone!

I downloaded the free version of Amplitube 5 and authorized it. I then used it as a plug-in in Garageband. It was working fine for a day or so. Then, I started getting the "midi/latency" pop up. So, I uninstalled garage band and downloaded it again. Now, I go to the plug in and it shows that it needs to be authorized. Also, in the plug-in it shows that I have not purchased the amp, Fender Twin Reverb, which originally came with the download and is what I used in the plug-in. But, when I open it as a standalone, it shows that it has been purchased. It also shows it to be purchased in the Custom Shop.

Can some one help me? Thanks!
andjones1960

Re: Having problems with AMP 5 in Garageband

Postby chakk19 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:37 pm

I, too, have been having the latency issues with AMP5 in Garageband. Plays great for about 10-15min then the latency kicks in. No one seems to have an answer. Even put in a Support Ticket for this and haven't received any feedback... its so frustrating.

As to your purchases/presets issue, search through the forum. This issues has been discussed and folks have posted simple solutions. Has to do with how Garageband stores plug-in info and presets vs how the stand-alone app does...
chakk19

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 03, 2021 8:38 pm

The presets question is answered in the IK FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1282

The other issue would require IK Support to work directly with you and they strive to answer tickets within around two business days (M-F 10A-7P EST) but sometimes there is a higher-than-usual ticket volume. They will be able to assist you directly and I'm sure they will resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andjones1960 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 am

I have emailed the Support and got a response rather quickly. The only issue now, is that the Mac HD Folder isn't in the library. I am going to try and figure this part of it before I reply back to them.

Thank you so much! I really love the Amplitube 5 and I am eager to use it and purchase more items.
andjones1960

Postby chakk19 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:25 pm

andjones1960 wrote:I have emailed the Support and got a response rather quickly. The only issue now, is that the Mac HD Folder isn't in the library. I am going to try and figure this part of it before I reply back to them.

Thank you so much! I really love the Amplitube 5 and I am eager to use it and purchase more items.

Did you ever find a solution for the latency? If so, can you share?
chakk19

Postby andjones1960 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:21 am

chakk19 wrote:
andjones1960 wrote:I have emailed the Support and got a response rather quickly. The only issue now, is that the Mac HD Folder isn't in the library. I am going to try and figure this part of it before I reply back to them.

Did you ever find a solution for the latency? If so, can you share?

I never did. I have given up on it for now. The folders weren't where they said they were in the instructions. Not their fault, but everytime I was given instructions, I would get so far before another road block.The sims in the software are doing great. I have figured out how to get the tone I need/want. If I play live along with tracks, I will just use the AmpliTube 5 at that time.
andjones1960

Postby Hopewelljct$$48 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:14 pm

Having problems with Amplitube 5 se….it’s opening in a flits and than away. Wat ever I do ot is not working.
Hopewelljct$$48

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling