AT5 - Can't seem to get pedal assignments in presets to save

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 - Can't seem to get pedal assignments in presets to save

Postby kewlpack » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Hey all - recently upgraded to AT5Max. Really like the way things sound. I use the software in standalone mode for practice, and would like to use it for live gigs.

The UI is nice, though could be a bit more streamlined. Some features are too nested. Anyway, I'm trying to get familiar with the software with regard to using it LIVE, controlling it with my Helix floorboard as the MIDI controller for presets and various pre/post amp pedals. I did have a StompIO, but it was far too limited and a little fragile for my purposes.

With the Helix, I have the USB MIDI all set up and AT5 sound is going out to the XLR and 1/4" just fine. I'm able to assign stomps/rack effects to the 12 control buttons on the Helix, however - and this was true with StompIO as well - once I save the project/preset, if I switch presets or close/reopen AT5, many (or all) of the MIDI assignments are gone. I did notice in one instance that a delay effect kept it's assignment. Also, upon opening the test preset, the WAH decided (on its own) to use CC21 and CC26, when it should've only used CC26 for bypass. The behavior is erratic, and quite confusing.

I've tried setting the stomp assignments (all of them are simple bypass on/off) by right clicking the virtual button on the stomp > learn/set, as well as the Control menu > Control Change > Preset > Parameters > Add/Learn method. They work right after I've set them up, but upon reload, they aren't in the preset any longer.

Again, I'm not trying to do anything particularly complex. I want to be able to turn a given stomp or rack effect on/off with a button.

Is this a known issue with AT5? Has anyone been able to get the MIDI assignments to persist between sessions? Is anyone really using AT5 in a LIVE setting?

Any and all help is appreciated.
kewlpack

Re: AT5 - Can't seem to get pedal assignments in presets to

Postby vincent_n2003 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:58 am

I'm having a similar problem. I think it is a bug in the program. I submitted a ticket with support. You should do the same thing so they will fix it.

Cheers.
vincent_n2003

Postby kewlpack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Yep. Issue submitted.
kewlpack

Postby Fozybear66 » Tue May 03, 2022 12:43 am

The Solution. After setting up your stomps and preset you need to save them. Above the amp head there is a box with an arrow pointing down open and save.
Fozybear66

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling