Custom Shop is locking gear in AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop is locking gear in AT5

Postby phydoh812 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:22 pm

I have AT4 v4.10.0, AT5 v5.0.2, and CS v2.0.0 installed on a new computer. No previous versions were installed on this system. The very first thing I did after installing was 'restore purchases' in CS.

AT4 has no problems, all purchased gear is recognized. AT5 shows the following purchased gear as locked:

AMP
MAZ 18 Jr, Dual Terror, OR 50, Z Wreck, AD 200

CAB
1x15 OBC 115, 4x10 OBC 410, 8x10 OBC 810

STOMP
Seek Trem

These models are also missing from the CS 'My Gear' page. However, searching for each one individually shows them as purchased gear (green check mark in the corner of the graphic).

After troubleshooting this for several days here is what I discovered:

Unauthorizing/reauthorizing AT5 properly resets the purchased gear, unlocking it in AT5. I don't even need to reboot first.

If I then open CS, the gear gets locked again. I don't need to do anything else: just opening CS locks the gear.

I have repeated these steps four times with the same result. As long as I don't open CS, everything works fine. If I open CS for any reason, I have to reauthorize AT5 to get all my gear back.

Just posting this in the rare event anyone else has the same kind of problem
phydoh812

Re: Custom Shop is locking gear in AT5

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:18 pm

Hello jmabshire and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing your experience, this could be helpful to other users in the future.

What would also be useful is if you could report your findings to Official IK Support. They can then look into it incase it is a more widespread issue to take to the developers. You can do that by following this link...

I'll lock this thread to keep the forum tidy.

Thanks again.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling