Dual amp signal chain mic bleed avoidable?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Dual amp signal chain mic bleed avoidable?

Postby hApPyTeRrAn » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Hey,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or intentional behaviour, but when I use the dual amp signal chain, the cab mics from one amp are picking up some sound from the other amp and vice versa, making the end result quite muddy. Is this intentional?
If it is, is there some way to have the two signals be completely independant from each other until they merge together in the master?

A small illustration of the problem (in case my explanation wasn't clear):
Amp A/Cab A is running together with Amp B/Cab B. When I turn off Amp B, I get some response from Amp A in the Cab B mics. I'd like for that to not happen :D

Any help would be appreciated!
hApPyTeRrAn

Re: Dual amp signal chain mic bleed avoidable?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 04, 2021 5:53 pm

I don't think that is bleed from mics/cabs. Please check the routing you are using and the mixer to make sure you're not sending signal to both sides of the chain somewhere.

If that doesn't help, IK Support can surely help via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Dual amp signal chain mic bleed avoidable?

Postby garfy » Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 am

Hi hApPyTeRaN

I've had a quick look at this and, possibly, what you have to bear in mind is that you are not switching off modules, merely bypassing them. If you switch off Amp 2, you still hear the ampless signal, albeit quieter because Cab 2 (mics and room) are still switched on. You can see this in the mixer as well.

Switch off Cab 2 as well and you still get the signal but it has bypassed the Amp and Cab and gone straight to the bus (essentially another DI) and can be seen in the mixer.

A surefire way to hear all these differences is to load something obvious such as a delay into the 2 chain just before the amp module and pan Cab 1 buss to the left and Cab 2 bus to the right. With Amp 2 and Cab 2 switched off (bypassed) you will still get the delay but only in the right side, so not amp/cab 1.

The only way to totally kill signal through the Cab 2 chain is to mute that buss in the mixer, but at that point you might as well go back to a single amp/cab signal flow for simplicity.

Hope that makes sense.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling