Having trouble with getting AmpliTube 5 to work properly

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Having trouble with getting AmpliTube 5 to work properly

Postby Hansgslian83 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:52 am

Hi. I am interested in simulating a Fender Twin Reverb '65 combining it with my own external pedal effects, and bought the relevant amp model in the Custom Shop for that express purpose. I am using AmpliTube 5 as a plugin (VST3) in Ableton Live 10. My computer has a i7-4790K 4.00GHz processor and 16 gigs of RAM. I am experiencing two main problems with doing this:

1. I cannot access the '65 Twin Reverb model in the plugin interface, even though I have purchased it. Going to the Custom Shop and pressing "Restore Purchases" has not helped. I was able to access the test version of the amp, but now that I own it there seems to be no way to activate it properly.

2. My computer slows to a crawl whenever I activate AmpliTube5 in Ableton, making it difficult if not impossible to work or record with the plugin. The plugin seems to eat up a lot of memory, and at times this has caused Ableton to crash.

I would appreciate help with getting around both of these two problems. If they cannot be resolved, then it would be great if I could be directed to the quickest route for a refund.
Hansgslian83

Re: Having trouble with getting AmpliTube 5 to work properly

Postby supanorton » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Hopefully, some other users will chime in, but yours sounds like a unique problem. I'd suggest trying support for the crashing issue. Maybe try doing a reinstall first. Good luck.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/search_faq.php?quick=QUICKSW
supanorton

Postby Hansgslian83 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Ok, thanks for the swift response, I will try my luck there. I did try a reinstall earlier from the IK Product Manager, which did not help, but I guess I could try reinstalling the manager itself. Yes, hopefully someone else can shed more light on these issues.
Hansgslian83

Postby Hansgslian83 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:33 pm

By the way, I should probably add that I'm working with the free version, i.e. AmpliTube 5 CS. Might it be that it is not possible to buy or access particular amp models (like the Fender Twin) before having upgraded to the full program?
Hansgslian83

Postby Hansgslian83 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:55 pm

Nevermind, managed to solve the first problem at least. There was a small button next to the search field in the plugin interface I had overlooked. Typical. :)

Will take my stability issues to the technical forums.
Hansgslian83

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling