RealStrat plus Amplitube 5 CS

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

RealStrat plus Amplitube 5 CS

Postby Dark Lane » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi Guys

I've just purchased RealStrat 5 from MusicLab, the guitar VI and I'm using it in my DAW with AT5 CS as a plug-in.

I'm getting some great, realistic guitar sounds but not being a guitar player I'm a bit overwhelmed about the different styles, articulations, effects and amp/cab combinations to try out. I've had a look a the Tech Talk videos on IK website but they are too advanced for me at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions for basic 101 style tutorials for using AT5 as a plug-in but with a software VI NOT a physical guitar input?

In particular, I'm struggling to get the levels I want as I'm not sure where the gain stages are or where it's best to manage the gain (VI instrument output, AT5 input, AT5 output?) At the moment with all levels at default (0db) it's coming out to the main bus too loud and clipping.

Cheers

Steve
Dark Lane

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling