Installing Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Installing Amplitube

Postby Bennistone1 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello,

I'm having a problem installing Amplitube 5 on Mac.

Unfortunately, Amplitube 5 installed itself in the iCloud, filling up the memory. So I deleted Amplitube 5 on the Mac without Product Manager with drag and drop.

Now I cannot reinstall Amplitube, because the software is displayed as "installed" and "authorized" in the IK Product Manager. But it is not. It is deleted on my Mac!

How can I re-download and reinstall Amplitube?
Bennistone1

Re: Installing Amplitube

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi Bennistone1

The only way to cleanly uninstall on a macOS is to use the official IK uninstaller that comes in the download package of the apps. Dragging the app to the Trash does not.

If you have deleted the original download, log into your user area on the website by going to Support>User Area>My Products. Next to AmpliTube 5 you'll see a button that says Past Releases. Click that and you can then download the package again. In the package there is the uninstaller which you should run and it will clear out traces of the original installation. Don't forget to de-authorise with the IK Product Manager as well.

Bennistone1 wrote:Unfortunately, Amplitube 5 installed itself in the iCloud, filling up the memory.

This bit is really difficult to understand as the default for installation is the internal OS HD. Hopefully the uninstaller will clear this up.

Once uninstalled properly you should be able to install/authorise as normal.

Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling