Amplitube 4 with Amplitube 5 Custom Shop

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 with Amplitube 5 Custom Shop

Postby Bernard_Shakey » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Tonight I've tried to sample the "Echo Man" stomp in Custom Shop 5 but its not appearing in my Amplitube 4.Whats the problem here? Is CS5 not compatible with Amplitube 4? If so, why was I nagged to upgrade to CS5 every time I opened CS4? Now I cant find a way to download CS4 so I can trial the Echo Man properly
Bernard_Shakey

Re: Amplitube 4 with Amplitube 5 Custom Shop

Postby Bernard_Shakey » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:51 pm

I got this sorted. Yes, AT5 CS is not compatible with AT4. I downloaded the free version of AT5 to use AT5 CS

I'm disappointed to see my purchases of Leslie speakers don't appear in AT5 CS. I get that the newer Leslie Collection has superseded them but it does mean I've lost them as a gear purchase if I continue in AT5?
Bernard_Shakey

Postby livesforrap » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 pm

Apparently, there was something to do with a flood so they couldn't redo them, maybe a mod will clarify.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:27 pm

In mid-March IK Multimedia sent out an email to AT4 CS users:

AmpliTube CS has been updated to version 5.0.2. This new version is permanently free for all IK users and offers a significantly improved workflow, upgraded sound quality and several new gear models.

AmpliTube 5 CS requires no additional purchases and will read all existing AmpliTube gear you own, along with any custom presets or other settings.

With this release, IK is ending support for AmpliTube 4 CS. We strongly encourage all users to upgrade to the new version for the best experience.

Similarly, since AmpliTube 5 CS offers the new Custom Shop 2, all future Custom Shop initiatives will only be available to AmpliTube 5 CS users. AmpliTube 4 CS users will still be able to access and restore their gear, but will not be able to purchase new models or access giveaways.

However, as you have noted some AT4 gear is not available in AT5. You can continue to use AT4 with your existing gear, but for new features and gear models you will need AT5 (paid-for or CS editions).

Some gear models, but happily no lives, were lost during floods in Italy, so they could not be remodelled for AT5.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling