AmpliTube 5 - Output to standard Windows sound?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 - Output to standard Windows sound?

Postby GeriD1989 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Hello,

can someone please tell me how I put my output device to my standard windows sound output? I don't want to plug in my headset into the Focusrite output, but the standard windows output I usually use.

When I set up my settings in AmpliTube, I have to set "Technology" to "ASIO" and therefor I can't set my "Output device" to something different than "Focusrite USB ASIO".

Thanks in Advance
GeriD1989

Re: AmpliTube 5 - Output to standard Windows sound?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:06 pm

Change the "Technology"; what other choices are available?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby GeriD1989 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:20 am

If I change the "Technology" I can change my output to my standard windows out, BUT I have to set the "Technology" to ASIO or it won't work.
GeriD1989

Postby Vince00 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:23 am

Did anyone find an answer to this?

I have the same issue where if I want to use ASIO driver as the technology, the only dropdown output option is to the iRig device. Is there no way to have the option to output through the PC's speakers?
Vince00

Postby GeriD1989 » Sat May 01, 2021 10:40 am

i found an answer somewhere else... you shouldn't use another output sound via your standard windows sound because of high latency. just use the iRig as your new standard.
GeriD1989

Postby oldbluejoe » Sat May 01, 2021 10:50 am

Vince00 wrote:Did anyone find an answer to this?

I have the same issue where if I want to use ASIO driver as the technology, the only dropdown output option is to the iRig device. Is there no way to have the option to output through the PC's speakers?

You should be able to choose any input/output combination available in your Asio control panel and then they show up in AT control panel. At least this is how it works with iRig HD2 and ASIO4ALL.
oldbluejoe

Postby garfy » Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 am

(Caveat - I don't use Windows)

oldbluejoe wrote:ASIO4ALL.

I'm pretty sure this is the only way to use a different output to input. It may still impose additional latency though, as it is having to communicate with 2 different drivers.

The restriction on I/O is part of the ASIO protocol and not down to individual hardware manufacturers.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 04, 2021 5:52 pm

And if you are using an iRig interface the iRig ASIO driver should be used for best results. It will perform better than ASIO4ALL. But you will need to use its input/output for best results, output to standard onboard Windows soundcards will not yield great results in many/most/all cases.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby oldbluejoe » Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 am

In my experience the newer iRig USB driver is not compatible with iRig HD2 and Reaper. It would occasionally cause guitar to be off pitch several semitones, scratches and cut offs plus sudden ear damaging screeching sounds through headphones. Never experienced this in standalone, only with Reaper. Fixed this by going back to the old drivers. I always only use same device for input and output, iRigHD2.
oldbluejoe

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling