Help with upgrade 4Max to 5 [resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Help with upgrade 4Max to 5 [resolved]

Postby ninomiya76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:36 pm

I had AmpliTube 4 Max...back in December I installed Amplitube 5 CS and have been enjoying the enhancements it has made as a shell around my Amplitube 4 Max. Today I decided to upgrade to Amplitube 5, it shows it is authorized in product manager, but when I try to use any feature that was added to 5 I get prompted with this feature is only available in Amplitube 5 and I should upgrade. I went into CS and tried restore gear. Tried restarting computer. No sure how to just reinstall 5, since it shows installed in the product manager. At this point I am not sure what's up. I think it believes I still just have 5 CS. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how to solve?
ninomiya76

Re: Help with upgrade 4Max to 5

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Did you Register the new AT5 Serial Number through the IK Product Manager?

Then try Unauthorizing and reauthorizing AT5 in the IKPM.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Help with upgrade 4Max to 5

Postby ninomiya76 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 pm

DarkStar wrote:Did you Register the new AT5 Serial Number through the IK Product Manager?

Then try Unauthorizing and reauthorizing AT5 in the IKPM.

That was it. Didn't realize I would have to copy and paste the SN in the "+ register" in IKM, thought it would do it for me since I downloaded and installed from inside my account and it said authorized. Thanks.
ninomiya76

Re: Help with upgrade 4Max to 5 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Good oh; the IKPM is not as smart as we are :)

Enjoy that new gear and sound.
---------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling