AmpliTube 5: pedals & effects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5: pedals & effects

Postby Bilmo2024 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 am

carlaz wrote:Besides various relatively "modern" delay-pedal emulations, AmpliTube has a couple of Echoplex-type tape-delays, but nothing that corresponds to the Space Echo! I think that the Space-Echo-based plugin in T-RackS is a relatively recent addition, and so perhaps a simplified version was not brought over to AmpliTube 5 (as various other elements presumably derived from T-RackS seem to have been).

I agree that a Space-Echo-type unit based on almost whatever model would be welcome in AmpliTube. IMO, it would also be nice if AmpliTube had some analog-tape emulation options other than the Tape Cassette unit -- though I recognize that players who that sort of thing are probably already mixing their recordings in DAWs and perhaps are already using tape-emulation plugins external to AmpliTube anyway.

Hey carlaz! Hello All! I just joined and have been looking thru this discussion for awhile.
pretty cool idea for a thread. I'm just about ready to download the AmpliTube 5 and have a
neat new toy to play with :)

I'm happy to see some guys talking about pedals and effects. I used the search thingie to
make sure I was wasn't belaboring the topic. no hits. there's a lot of great posts, and so a lot
to read about everything. Amps, Speakers, and even stuff about old style echoplex and even
Echolette! Interesting.

When I get down to using Aplitube 5 for recording, I'm looking for a few pretty basic effects
pedals or even rackmount stuff like the old digitech gsp 21 pro. I had one a long time ago
and really only used reverb, compression, EQ and maybe a teeny bit of chorus. so at least those 4 effects are pretty important to recording my acoustic guitar.

I loved those 4 "pedals" on the old gsp 21 pro. I hope I not offend anyone, but I kinda didn't
like any of the overdrive or distortion stuff and never used any of it. Does anyone have any fave reverb, compression, and EQ "pedals" already included in amplitube?

I may be awhile getting around to adding to the wish list! neat idea, like I said. but I am just barely dipping my size 12's into the water with the software concept in general. so any ideas or feedback is much appreciated. I just downloaded an older version of Reaper. it seems easier for me to use than the latest & greatest. it's still over my head. and even being an older version to make things more simple for myself, I will still owe them money eventually. Conversely, the aplitube multitrack is free

Any thoughts on the 8 track multitrack included in aplitube? has anyone experimented with that? I'm quite curious. for me, for now, the 3 main "pedals" and even a simple Chorus would be neat. and of course the multitrack feature.

I'll start at the top and try to catch up on what the "wish items" all are. lots of great posts,
ad yeah, a lot of the "wish items" are news to me :)

but they all SOUND neat in theory. thanks all, and cheers!
Bilmo2024

Re: AmpliTube 5: pedals & effects

Postby sotsogm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Bilmo2024 wrote:Does anyone have any fave reverb, compression, and EQ "pedals" already included in amplitube?

Maybe it's because I'm weird and like messing with my guitar sound, but I find I use the Saturator X "rackmount" at the end of my chain a lot; usually dialed into one of the "tape" settings but sometimes at the other side of the dial. All the compressors in the rack section seem cool to me, but the White 2A and Black 76 get the most love from me depending on what kind of noise I'm trying to make.

All this may be signs I don't know what I'm doing, but hey, I like making noises. Anyway, you may find them fun to go through and play with, and welcome to the family.
sotsogm

Postby Bilmo2024 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:56 pm

sotsogm wrote:
Bilmo2024 wrote:Does anyone have any fave reverb, compression, and EQ "pedals" already included in amplitube?

Maybe it's because I'm weird and like messing with my guitar sound, but I find I use the Saturator X "rackmount" at the end of my chain a lot; usually dialed into one of the "tape" settings but sometimes at the other side of the dial. All the compressors in the rack section seem cool to me, but the White 2A and Black 76 get the most love from me depending on what kind of noise I'm trying to make.

All this may be signs I don't know what I'm doing, but hey, I like making noises. Anyway, you may find them fun to go through and play with, and welcome to the family.

Hey sotsogm! Thank for the reply, and for the welcome :)

I've been disappointed in myself for several days now. I thought I had downloaded the free
version of AmpliTube, but it was NOT the free version. and I can't seem to find the free
version. Is there realy such a thing as a free version? I could not find the dang thing. as I say,
I THOUGHT I had, but I was wrong wrong wrong.

I'm making a note, for real, a Wordpad file, of your "likes" and recommendations here.
Saturator X rackmount sounds neat. I'd like to hear that. and also the White 2A and Black 76
compressors, again in the rack section.

It's interesting the way they put together this concept of software effects and how
they were named. In the olden days, in the physical realm, as it were, I always liked rackmount stuff way better than pedals. the only pedal I ever really liked and still have is
my Ibanez Tube Screamer. still got that rascal. I could see there's a version of it in amplitube, but I can't afford that version I accidentally downloaded.

Thanks Man! Cheers!
Bilmo2024

Postby carlaz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm

I don't always use those kinds of effects in the pedal chain, but I actually like the good ol' generic Compressor and 7 Band Graphic pedal models. (I have an old, physical Boss GE-7 around somewhere!).

However, I also sometimes like slapping the rack-unit EQ or compression models in the "pedal" part of the chain. (How many people in a studio situation get to use a 1176 or LA-2A as a compression pedal? :mrgreen: ) I find it a little "user-unfriendly" that the rack units are sort of encased in a virtual box in the pedal chain, and you have to click "Edit" before doing anything else ... but it's still a useful way to play with different tones.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby fiveblairs » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:35 pm

carlaz wrote:

I don't always use those kinds of effects in the pedal chain, but I actually like the good ol' generic Compressor and 7 Band Graphic pedal models. (I have an old, physical Boss GE-7 around somewhere!).

However, I also sometimes like slapping the rack-unit EQ or compression models in the "pedal" part of the chain. (How many people in a studio situation get to use a 1176 or LA-2A as a compression pedal? :mrgreen: ) I find it a little "user-unfriendly" that the rack units are sort of encased in a virtual box in the pedal chain, and you have to click "Edit" before doing anything else ... but it's still a useful way to play with different tones.

I use the rack tube compressor in a pedal slot occasionally. It's a very cool effect.

I also routinely set the generic comp pedal to almost zero compression and unity gain and stick it in front of drive pedals. It does a great job of taming fizziness present occasionally on some of those pedals.
fiveblairs

Postby Bilmo2024 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 pm

carlaz wrote:

Thanks for your post carlaz. I'm right with ya there on just about everything. I have the same Boss EQ. it's on the shelf I'm lookin right at it : )

I would likely ever use ANY EQ for my Acoustic guitar.

I'm not hip to the 1176 or LA-2A thingies. all in all, amplitube looks like a good idea to me.
I ready a well writte article comparing AT5 wih guitae rig 6 and the guitar rig sounds cool,
but amplitube seems way better. thanks again for posting. I look forward to hearing the rack compression thingies you spoke of. cheers!
Bilmo2024

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling