Amplitube 5- AXE solo and midi FCB1010 issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5- AXE solo and midi FCB1010 issue

Postby maverickhurley » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:43 am

Question

How in Amplitube 5 can I control a stomp box on and off using a midi FCB1010 with EUREKA eprom hooked thru my AXE solo? It works on TH-U and Bias FX but amplitube 5 when I right click on a stomp and click midi bypass and send the signal from say pedal one.. Pedal one when I engage just turns it off and I have to hit it 2 times for it to come back on. I tried turning the pedal off in ampitube then doing the right click midi bypass learn. But same thing?

Is this the way the stomp boxes are supposed to be mapped? Usually the other software like TH-U and Bias FX and has a learn to control the stomp not just bypass the stop.

Anybody ran into this before? Of course I may be an idiot and overlooked something..
maverickhurley

Re: Amplitube 5- AXE solo and midi FCB1010 issue

Postby dougs.ik » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:28 am

I also have the Axe I/O Solo and the FCB1010. I replaced the prom in it with the Eureka 3,2. So far I've been using it for keyboards but am just about to get it set up with AmpliTube 5. My goal is to turn stomp boxes on and off, assign volume and wah to he pedals and to call up presets. I'll report back here once I've set it up
dougs.ik

Postby Ramses2ii » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:58 pm

dougs.ik wrote:I also have the Axe I/O Solo and the FCB1010. I replaced the prom in it with the Eureka 3,2. So far I've been using it for keyboards but am just about to get it set up with AmpliTube 5. My goal is to turn stomp boxes on and off, assign volume and wah to he pedals and to call up presets. I'll report back here once I've set it up

This is exactly the same thing what I'm planning to do.

Do you have any news how it works? :)

Is the Eureka 3,2 the best choice in this case?
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Postby dougs.ik » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:53 pm

I was sidetracked by another use case where I'm using the buttons as key switches for a VST and the one of the pedals for pitchbend.

I went with the Eureka Prom because it has a mode called I/O where each pedal sends a CC value matching the pedal number for CC104 to turn on on, CC105 to turn off. So at this point the FCB1010 is in kind of a dumb mode and you can get everything done using Host software - I'm using Cantabile. I also bought Bome Midi Controller to get the above Pitchbend project working
dougs.ik

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling