AmpliTube 5 MAX - No Presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 MAX - No Presets

Postby TomJacksonLive88 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:15 pm

A strange one ... after saving numerous custom presets, I clicked the refresh button to then suddenly lose all presets, both factory and custom made. The saved files can still be found going into my documents but they none now appear when running AmpliTube. Has anyone experienced this problem?
TomJacksonLive88

Re: AmpliTube 5 MAX - No Presets

Postby RogerioRC1980 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Yes. I cannot load any preset!
RogerioRC1980

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:28 pm

Sounds like you might have the Gear Selector set incorrectly. Please use the Gear Selector icon on the right side of the interface (more information in the User Manual) to show all presets/gear and you should see them.

If not, it may be an issue if you are using OneDrive for your Documents folder if on Windows. If neither of these suggestions help please contact IK Support http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and they will be able to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RogerioRC1980 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:17 pm

I click the "refresh button" and nothing happens! The problems seems to be not related to OneDrive or Dropbox (I've tested).
RogerioRC1980

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:20 pm

That's not the button I was talking about. Gear Selector is what is probably not set correctly. If this doesn't help please contact IK Support and they can troubleshoot with you and resolve your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RogerioRC1980 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:25 pm

I can see every tools at the Gear Selector, and I can select any gear, cab, mic etc. The problem is to load and save presets, I cannot even see them!
RogerioRC1980

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 pm

RogerioRC1980 wrote:I can see every tools at the Gear Selector, and I can select any gear, cab, mic etc. The problem is to load and save presets, I cannot even see them!

The Gear Selector also filters presets. But if you are also having a problem saving them, then that isn't likely the issue (but please do note it filters presets too) and you'll need to consult IK Support for assistance.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RogerioRC1980 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Problem solved! The issue was caused by the path to the preset files folder. It was due to my user name in Windows containing an special character. So, I changed it. Done! Solved!

Sorry about my english. Thanx.
RogerioRC1980

Postby Inter44jimmy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 am

Hi, I have the same problem that the presets do not show up at all in Amplitube 5 Max. You have solved the problem and I would like to know where do you have changed the user name?
The Windows usename only or the file path to the presets in the registry. If you have changed the Windows username what happened to other programs? Thanks in advance and greetings ..
Inter44jimmy

Postby Oyvindhj4rtnes » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:27 pm

I also have a problem with a special character in my mac computer profile. Sounds like something IK should fix.
Oyvindhj4rtnes

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:06 pm

Oyvindhj4rtnes wrote:I also have a problem with a special character in my mac computer profile. Sounds like something IK should fix.

Please report your issue to IK Support and they will submit any relevant bugs to the developers as necessary. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling