Global CC's in Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Global CC's in Amplitube 5

Postby josephahammons » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi again, I am completely new to Midi and trying to use the FCB1010 with UnO firmware 1.0.3 trying to use Amplitube 5 on a Mac running Big Sur 11.2.3. I can get the FCB1010 to control AmpliTube presets and there are some good YouTube videos on how to use the FCB expression pedals to control Amplitube wah and volume pedals and I have got that to work successfully. The other key things I wanted to do is to control the LOOPER function and REC and REWIND in the live mode. I can get LOOPER, to work, but not REC and REWIND. For LOOPER, I got it to work by using Global Change Control 15 using Amplitube’s Learn command. When I then hit preset 34, it controls the Looper. However if I clear Amplitube’s global settings and use the Learn command to set preset 34 to REC, nothing happens.

I have installed Midi Monitor to make sure my Mac is receiving the Midi commands and it is receiving the Global CC 15 which is defined to REC. I’m assuming REC would record on the selected track in the 8-Track recorder but nothing happens.

What am I missing or doing wrong?
josephahammons

Re: Global CC's in Amplitube 5

Postby BDeMatteo1966 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:21 pm

Just seeing your post now. Been a few months since post, curious how you are making out. I was confused a bit by description. You spoke of assigning Global CC 15 to looper. Then using preset 34 and it working. May be a mix of MIDI CC numbers and FCB button numbers in description, or I'm just missing something. You may have resolved your issue by now.

The FCB is very dynamically configurable, and separating preset changes via MIDI PC commands from effect setting changes via MIDI CC commands has helped me manage control of AmpliTube 5.

When you say you are using "preset 34" that seems to refer to a MIDI PC command, whereas the Looper, REC, etc controls in AmpliTube would be controlled by a MIDI CC command.

Each FCB button can send up to 4 PC commands and 2 CC commands with each button press. I typically setup individual buttons to send one PC command to AmpliTube to change the preset, with no CC commands. Then I have separate buttons set to control individual AmpliTube controls associated with the preset via a learned CC number, one CC per FCB button and no PC commands.

Not sure this will help, nor if you have already resolved.
BDeMatteo1966

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling