Need help Amplitube 5 and MeloAudio Midi Commander

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need help Amplitube 5 and MeloAudio Midi Commander

Postby rob.sirico » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:42 am

I bought a MeloAudio Midi Commander this past weekend on Amazon. I messed around with it for two days trying to get it to control the pedal board on Amplitube 5 Max.
I am using the Windows version and yes I can use CC commands to bypass pedals that i set-up in the pedal board and save the rig in my document folder. Open it again and the midi commands do continue to bypass the pedals.
I figured out how to change the PC buttons to be CC and assign them a number in sequence with the other CC buttons. I can set the board up with 5 PC buttons snd 5 CC buttons or any combination of them.
However I can’t find a way to globally control the pedal board slots to bypass any pedal i put in the slot. That was a feature in Amplitube 4 that is no longer available in Amplitube 5.
I cant find a way to make this work without having to use the mouse/keyboard and Midi Commander all together. My goal is to control Amplitube 5 and switch between a few rigs, bypass and control the pedals, switch to a different saved rig all with the pedal.
Can this be done? If so how?
rob.sirico

Re: Need help Amplitube 5 and MeloAudio Midi Commander

Postby the6stringbender » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:43 pm

BUMP: I'm watching this too. Just wanted to see what the solution is.

Hey, my first post!

I hooked up my midi pedal to my iPad via my midi in adapter and am able to assign my midi pedal CC numbers to specific stompboxes in each patch. HOWEVER, I can only BYPASS the pedals that are already on, I cannot turn on an effect.

Useless. I'll tell you why; if I want to have a solo boost assigned to CC#68, I have to have a patch with that boost already on, then shut it off when I'm done. I can simply switch to another patch and get the same affect.

Is there a way to do what I'm asking? (probably ought to start another thread if this is off topic)
the6stringbender

Postby HeavyMetalSunday1983 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:10 pm

I too have the MeloAudio Midi Commander and am looking for a way to switch to my other banks with different rig setups.

Currently, I am limited to the A bank. I have to manually change to another bank on the computer and then it works as programmed.

Thank you!
HeavyMetalSunday1983

Postby Amplitobe5463 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Hey same issue, I can use the switches as cc from custom after I switch them, but switching the banks (1a,2a,3a,etc) it still just uses the same switch and I cannot change banks with the midi commander, it shows that it is changed but the switches still do the same functions that i programmed them with , in other words, 1a and 3a will still do the same function, i cannot change it from learning the midi command
Amplitobe5463

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling