Change Windows Audio Buffer size through Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Change Windows Audio Buffer size through Amplitube 5

Postby cmaxwellpoe1 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 am

Hello,
When running amplitube 5 i'm dealing with the usual latency you might expect, but it's a little too much for me. I'm trying to find out how to reduce the buffer size, as with Windows Audio selected as my driver i'm only able to select either 1024 or 2048. I can change the sound sample rate through windows and bring it down to maybe 256, however the sound quality really dies and I end up with a much flatter/hollow sound without getting rid of the latency entirely.

I've checked my device driver settings and Windows is saying my driver is up to date. Also did a quick resource monitor check and with buffer size set at 1024 my CPU is not breaking a sweat. My specs are below:

i5 6600k
Amplitube installed on 1TB SSD
Realtech High Definition Audio - integrated sound on motherboard
16 gb 1666mhz Ram

Is there a backdoor way to change the windows audio buffer size other than what i've done to change sample rate? Is the next step to look at a dedicated sound card to try and reduce the buffer size? I'm new to computer audio and not really sure what my next steps are.
Thanks
cmaxwellpoe1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling