Custom Shop gear trial 6 week cooldown

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop gear trial 6 week cooldown

Postby deankhmma » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:19 am

Hey guys, first time posting here so my deepest apologies if I'm in the wrong section.

I used the 3 day trial on some Brian May gear which I fell in love with and rejoiced upon finding out I'd be able to try the gear again in 6 weeks time. This was the end of December/beginning of January this year and the gear still hasn't refreshed for me to try again nor has one single piece of gear for that matter.

I was just wondering if this is still a thing and if so how can I fix this?

According to my looking for info on this I found a statement on IK's page stating outright that gear could be trialled again after the 6 weeks period. Is there something I'm missing, or something I'm not doing right? I really appreciate any and all info/help given.

Thanks guys
deankhmma

Re: Custom Shop gear trial 6 week cooldown

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Hell deankhmma and welcome to the forum.

Hmm, looking at the Custom Shop Help, I could not find any mention of the 6-week break. Maybe that feature is not implemented. If so, :(

For a definitive answer, please contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BrianCadoret » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:07 pm

I seem to remember the same trial length and refresh time, but maybe that was with AT4.
There again it might of been with another amp sim. :roll:
BrianCadoret

Postby livesforrap » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:42 pm

well, it's been well over 6 weeks on a couple of things here are it's not refreshed.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby deankhmma » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 am

DarkStar wrote:Hell deankhmma and welcome to the forum.

Hmm, looking at the Custom Shop Help, I could not find any mention of the 6-week break. Maybe that feature is not implemented. If so, :(

For a definitive answer, please contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

Hi there, thanks for replying.

If you go to Products > Software > Amplitube 5 CS from IKMultimedia homepage and scroll down a bit until it says take a test flight, you will find this,

"One of the cool features of the Custom Shop is the ability for you to "try before you buy" individual pieces of gear.

You can demo each gear model for a period of 72 hours in the privacy and comfort of your own playing space. After that there’s a 6-week cool-down on that specific gear model before you can demo again, but all other models remain ready to try as well!"

I have followed your advice and contacted support and I am currently awaiting a response.

Thanks again.
deankhmma

Postby livesforrap » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:39 pm

I see it. Plain as day, never noticed that before.

Sigh, another ticket :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling