Installing VST - Real Newbie question [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Installing VST - Real Newbie question [Resolved]

Postby jdInCT » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:27 am

Hi there

Sorry, but this is going to be a real newbie question. At 65 I am tired of lugging around an AC30 and GT-10 with a bad back so have been dragged kicking and screaming into 2021.

I have recently installed AT5 and loving it. When I ran the installation from Product Manager it asked me if I wanted to install the VST as well as the stand-alone. At that point in time I thought I would only need the stand-alone, but as I get more into it I realize that I will be getting into DAWs and will need the VST (I assume).

All that is to ask this question. Now that I have installed just the stand-alone, how do I now also install the VST? Must I download it all again via Product Manager and select the options - or is there a way of doing it without having to do a whole new install (and thereby use another one of my authorizations)?

As I said - newbie question.

Many thanks
jdInCT

Re: Installing VST - Real Newbie question

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:53 am

Hello jdlnCT and welcome to the forums.

You will have to go through the install process again, this time checking the VST box.

It shouldn't take up an authorisation as you are not changing your setup at a hardware component level. However, I would probably de-authorise via the IKPM and then re-authorise after installation just to be sure.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jdInCT » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:32 pm

All sorted out. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
jdInCT

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Great stuff, glad you're all sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling