Rolling back to Amplitube 5.01

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Rolling back to Amplitube 5.01

Postby WRod » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:24 am

Im having some trouble with 5.02. The app wont start at all, in stand alone. AT4 and TH3 work fine. 5.02 loads fine as a vst plugin in Studio One Professional 5.2, but wont start in standalone mode. The beginning screen comes up as if it were attempting to load, and then it just dies. I have a support ticket open so in the meantime i figured id just attempt to roll back to 5.01.

I launched the IK product manager and didnt see an option for rolling back. Does anyone know where to look for that? I dont see anything written in the manual. Anything you may have encountered in 5.02 that may help get that app restarted without rolling back? Thanks
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Re: Rolling back to Amplitube 5.01

Postby WRod » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:18 am

WRod

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:17 am

Hello WRod

WRod wrote:I launched the IK product manager and didnt see an option for rolling back. Does anyone know where to look for that? I

You can't rollback using the IKPM, but if you go to Support>Usea Area>My Products and click on Past Releases next to AT5 you'll see you can download installers for older versions for manual installation.

It would probably be best practice to de-authorise and uninstall AT5.0.2 first.

Hope that helps
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby WRod » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:14 pm

garfy wrote:Hello WRod

WRod wrote:I launched the IK product manager and didnt see an option for rolling back. Does anyone know where to look for that? I

You can't rollback using the IKPM, but if you go to Support>Usea Area>My Products and click on Past Releases next to AT5 you'll see you can download installers for older versions for manual installation.

It would probably be best practice to de-authorise and uninstall AT5.0.2 first.

Hope that helps

Thank you man. I was on that page before i ever posted this and that information is there, just like you said it was, and its so big and evident that im not sure how i could have missed it. Im thinking it HAD to be greyed out or something, :o sheesh.

So anyway i figured out my situation with the help of a friend. It seems that the audio setting must have become corrupt somehow. By unplugging my audio interface which was Fireface 800 in this case, it allowed the app to load and allowed me to re-establish my settings, which were all reset back to the factory settings.

A5 has definitely been a little unstable on this particular system. Its specs being Ryzen 7 3700x 8 core processor. All other programs have been 100% fine. [mod redacted - unnecessary]

Thanks again for taking a second.
WRod

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling