Can I see which version I have?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can I see which version I have?

Postby Mr Arkadin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:41 pm

This sounds like a dumb question but bear with me.

Is there any way, within the VST plug-in, to see which version of AmpliTube 5 I have? I do not mean the iteration version (e.g. 5.0.2 - I can see that using the Info button), I mean CS, SE, Max etc.

I know I can see what version I have in my account (it's SE), but I don't trust the 'restore my gear' or whatever it's called, seems many have issues with it. I had the free CS before that, so visually I see no difference as AT is just labelled as AT 5, not CS, SE, Max, whatever. I can't tell if it did anything.

Is there any way to confirm within the app what I have rather than trusting the frankly flaky Custom Shop has done its thing?
Mr Arkadin

Re: Can I see which version I have?

Postby christopher.moyse » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:42 pm

AFAIK, there is no difference in the app itself - the different features and gear are made available according to the product(s) for which you have licences. You can see exactly what you have licenses for in IK Product Manager - Manage My Products and then click the Products tab. You can also go to the Custom Shop to see exactly which items of gear are covered by your licences.
christopher.moyse

Postby Mr Arkadin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Yeah I don't find the Product Manager particularly helpful, Custom Shop even less so. Constantly having to hit "restore my purchases" as it seems to have forgotten them, then being presented with a list of 100 foot pedals or whatever isn't very useful, then seeing products you own with a "buy" button rather than a "you own this" message. It's a terrible piece of software.

Product Manager doesn't even show all my packs for instance. It only shows the ones I bought extra from the shop, any that came included I have to check in the plug-in to make sure I don't buy again (for example I never bought Mesa/Boogie but was thinking of getting the current deal, then looked in the plug-in to find I had it).

Also it's only showing me what I have registered, not if the actual VST is that version. I mean I assume it's updated to SE but how can I tell? The PM and CS apps are really not intuitive, I just want confirmation from the plug-in.
Mr Arkadin

Postby christopher.moyse » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:it's only showing me what I have registered, not if the actual VST is that version. I mean I assume it's updated to SE but how can I tell?

I think you are looking for something that does not exist as such. As I said, the VST itself does not actually change. What you can use in the VST changes according to the licenses you hold, so just use the VST freely and It will tell you if a given piece of gear is not licensed. The messages are not especially clear in their wording, but if one appears, this is likely the reason.

You can download a pdf that compares item-by-item which gear is in each version. Hypothetically, if you come across a specific piece of gear you believe to be licensed (because the pdf says it is) but the VST says that it isn't, then you might consider raising a support request.
christopher.moyse

Postby Mr Arkadin » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:54 pm

christopher.moyse wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:it's only showing me what I have registered, not if the actual VST is that version. I mean I assume it's updated to SE but how can I tell?

I think you are looking for something that does not exist as such. As I said, the VST itself does not actually change. What you can use in the VST changes according to the licenses you hold, so just use the VST freely and It will tell you if a given piece of gear is not licensed. The messages are not especially clear in their wording, but if one appears, this is likely the reason.

You can download a pdf that compares item-by-item which gear is in each version. Hypothetically, if you come across a specific piece of gear you believe to be licensed (because the pdf says it is) but the VST says that it isn't, then you might consider raising a support request.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, it seems I'll have to do it manually, which seems archaic when the VST could tell me itself. Oh well, thanks for your time.
Mr Arkadin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling