Amplitube 5 “Upgrades Previously Purchased Gear”

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 “Upgrades Previously Purchased Gear”

Postby IvanArsenyev » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Hello all,

I recently downloaded the free Custom Shop version of Amplitube 5. I was pleased to see that my purchased gear was all transferred over from Amplitube 4.

On the site for Amplitube 5, however, I noticed that the Custom Shop version is said to “transfer” previously purchased gear, whereas the paid versions all offer a said amount of “Upgraded” versions of previously purchased gear.

Upon trying the free version of Amplitube 5, I found that my gear already sounds improved, and I was quite impressed. That being said, would it be even further improved if I bought a paid version of the software? And if so, would the SE version be enough to upgrade all of the gear I previously paid for, such as the Fender and Mesa Boogie collections, as well as the Amplitube models from the more premium versions of Amplitube 4?

I’m curious as to how this upgrading system works, and what changes it makes to the models themselves. I’m aware of the other perks such as the new IR technologies, so I’m strictly asking about improvements to the amp models, and how their transferral/upgrading works.

Thanks!
IvanArsenyev

Re: Amplitube 5 “Upgrades Previously Purchased Gear”

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Yes, if you use a non-CS version of AmpliTube 5 you will also get the massive improvements in the VIR™ technology for the speaker cabinets (600+ impulse responses per speaker). That's a large part of the upgrade. You can see more differences in the comparison charts at the link above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bluenote59 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:33 pm

This is still a bit unclear to me. Will any non CS version upgrade all gear that I aquired with my previous max version or will it upgrade only gear that I later or previously bought in addition (e.g. Brian May collection). In other words: Do I have to upgrade to the max version or is an upgrade to the SE version sufficient to upgrade all gear in my previous max version?
Bluenote59

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello Bluenote59 and welcome to the forum.

Bluenote59 wrote:Do I have to upgrade to the max version

No.

Bluenote59 wrote:or is an upgrade to the SE version sufficient to upgrade all gear in my previous max version?

Yes.

If you buy AT5SE, all previously owned/registered gear, no matter how you acquired it will be upgraded.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling