Amplitube 5 tuner accuracy

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 tuner accuracy

Postby WRod » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:14 pm

The advanced mode looks pretty fancy, seems useable for sure. Has a couple quirks, but works pretty well otherwise.

Has anyone checked the tuner in A5 with another good tuner, to see just how accurate?
Or are there written specs that coincide with the tuner in 5.02? I searched but only found old threads.

Im curious for multiple reasons. One would be setting intonation. It just seems like todays digital *should* be able to do that .01% accuracy as well as any strobe. Sure latency is going to have some impact but again with modern soundcards, one would hope this would be a non issue.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Re: Amplitube 5 tuner accuracy

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:37 pm

If you switch to UltraTuner the specs would be accurate within 0.01 cents
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WRod » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:02 pm

Thanks Peter. I appreciate the speedy response. When you say ultra tuner, Do you mean the advanced version of the ultra tuner or are you given another tuner option that im not seeing? of course i see the tuner symbol at the bottom of the amp page, but i wouldnt go there for accuracy. Confusion is because i cant see how you could NOT be using the ultra tuner inside Amplitube5. Theres not a lot in the manual TBH.

Side note: seems that A5.02 just quit working all together on my computer totally...a restart has always fixed any quirkiness, but it has not worked this time, and this is the first of anything like this has happened. Ill play around for a bit and see if i can figure it out. Thats one nice thing with newer builds, as it helps limit trouble shooting. FWIW TH3 loads fine and A5 works as a plugin in Studio One 5.

I already have a ticket open for bug stomping but man they dont make it easy. My first reply from support was 3 or 4 days later (it may have even been a week, i cant even tell because i dont think they show the original ticket - which would be GREATLY helpful for revisiting the situation) asking me irrelevant questions, asking questions i already answered, I mean im all for helping but did they look at my ticket?
WRod

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 pm

UltraTuner is covered in its own chapter in the AmpliTube 5 User Manual :) Chapter 8 has a lot of great information about this excellent tuner.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WRod » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:31 pm

Thank you sir. Maybe I was looking at the wrong manual. Went to my user area and got it from there so not sure how I could have screwed that up. I’ll keep digging. Thanks again.
WRod

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:25 am

No problem. I really like UltraTuner until I make myself shut it off because I don't want to get distracted trying to fix the tiniest intonation tweak while I'm trying to play, write, or record :shock:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:50 pm

FWIW, I've found the tuner in advanced mode to be really helpful for setting intonation and so on. The moving sinewave feature is very sensitive, but is also reasonably stable (which is not true of the equivalent feature in, say, Guitar Rig 5, which I find too jittery to be usable.)
christopher.moyse

Postby WRod » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:20 pm

Thanks man. Definitely a help. Intonation is what i was chasing before A5.02 quit working on me all together (fixed for now- somehow audio settings became corrupt in A5 stand a lone and not in any other program) I really like ultra tuner. Its certainly the best computer based software tuner i own. Ive never attempted intonation with a digital tuner. Any that ive ever used have not been near close enough. You wont do well setting intonation in TH3 in comparison to GTRig.

Ive spent a lot of time over the years thinking that they HAD to be able to do better with soft tuners....and finally theres ultra tuner. I dont own massive amounts of software so maybe there WAS something out there the whole time.
WRod

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling