Not able to try gear with AT4 CS

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Not able to try gear with AT4 CS

Postby texan7262 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:07 am

Hi,

After realizing I won't be able update to AT5 CS because the graphics adapter of my notebook ist not OpenGL 2-compatible, I have to remain with AT4 CS for the time being.

Problem: As it seems I can't try gear. Even though I can activate the trial mode in the CS (clock is showing), gear remains locked in Amplitube. Is there any possibility of a workaround?

Now I'm also wondering: If e.g. I bought gear like the Fender 1 Collection, would I be able to use it with just AT4 CS?

Thanks and best regards!
texan7262

Re: Not able to try gear with AT4 CS

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

That must be quite an old laptop. OpenGL 2 was introduced over 10 year ago. What laptop do you have and what CPU / motherboard?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby texan7262 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi Darkstar

It's Dell XPS1210 (Motherboard: Intel GM i945GM), must have bought around 2010. Seems like I should have waited another year before updating. But actually, no problems with other programs so far.
texan7262

Postby texan7262 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:54 pm

cpu: Mobile Dual Core 2 Duo T5550, 1666Mhz.
texan7262

Postby texan7262 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:02 pm

The curious thing is: I would e.g. not be able to try the Soldano, but now can use it in AT4, after IK has granted it as a gift. So I assume, the problem must somehow be relted with the custom shop not working properly anymore with AT4?
That would be a bummer for all people not able or willing to update to AT5.
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:50 pm

texan7262 wrote:The curious thing is: I would e.g. not be able to try the Soldano, but now can use it in AT4, after IK has granted it as a gift. So I assume, the problem must somehow be relted with the custom shop not working properly anymore with AT4?
That would be a bummer for all people not able or willing to update to AT5.

The Soldano giveaway and presets are specifically for AmpliTube 5 so you'd need to have it to take part in that promotion.

The previous version of Custom Shop will still allow you to restore gear and perform any maintenance tasks necessary to keep using AmpliTube 4 and the gear you have within it on your system if you choose to (or have to) keep using AmpliTube 4.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:48 pm

Alright, but to return to my main questions:
1. There is definitely no way any more to test gear, if confined to AT4?
2. If I e.g. buy one of the Fender Collections, I will be able to use them in AT4?

Thanks for your help.
texan7262

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:43 pm

Nobody knows?
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:39 pm

Sorry to have missed that but no, as stated above Custom Shop v1 is only for maintenance tasks of restoring gear you already have and similar.

Trying and buying would be via Custom Shop v2 which is only for AmpliTube 5. Gear you buy in the new Custom Shop is only going to be usable in AmpliTube 5. You'll need to update to the latest version (even the free CS version of AmpliTube 5) to buy and use gear.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Note that there may be an updated driver that enables OpenGL support on that model laptop. This person was having problems installing a driver, but linking here to reference that it apparently may help with the OpenGL compatibility: https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops- ... -p/3567013
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi Peter,

Thank you very kindly for the link, but be assured I don't bother people in forums before not checking all possibilities myself. ;-) The problem is not that my Dell (bought in 2012 btw) does not have OpenGL at all, but can't be updated from 1.4 to 2.0.

Is the 'Fender Collection 1" that I would have liked to purchase but as you say can't be used with AT4 an updated version? Asking. because it seems to have been available for AT4 and even AT3 already. Even after studying the IK-manuals, I find this all quite confusing.

Thanks again for your help and best regards.
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:10 am

You would not be able to purchase that or any gear for AmpliTube 4 at this time. If you feel there might be a case to be made please let IK Support know and they might have options but Custom Shop v1 is now only for maintenance tasks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Such a pity, still thank you for the info, Peter!

New notebook is out of reach at this time and AT4 can't be purchased from IK anymore, only possibility left would perhaps be to trying to find somebody selling his AT4 (extended/ maximized)-license, correct?

I'm still wondering, though, if there would be any substantial differences/ updates between e.g. Fender-Collection in AT4 and AT5?
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:09 pm

texan7262 wrote:Such a pity, still thank you for the info, Peter!

New notebook is out of reach at this time and AT4 can't be purchased from IK anymore, only possibility left would perhaps be to trying to find somebody selling his AT4 (extended/ maximized)-license, correct?

I'm still wondering, though, if there would be any substantial differences/ updates between e.g. Fender-Collection in AT4 and AT5?

I suppose there might be someone selling AmpliTube 4 and the collection(s) you'd like to use in it but you might want to check with IK Support first as I'm not sure the collections would "connect" to AmpliTube 4 but instead AmpliTube 5 now that it is out and current.

There should be big differences, too. Especially with the VIR™ technology and the new engine and other updates, AmpliTube 5 improves on all gear.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling