Amp5 & Stomp I/O - Basic Usage??

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amp5 & Stomp I/O - Basic Usage??

Postby millieaux » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:17 am

Hi all, anyone trying to use Stomp I/O with Amplitube 5? This may be a silly question, but I'm really confused about the UI in Amplitube 5 when paired with the Stomp I/O. When starting up, I see the 'Live' view with the giant preset numbers and the pedals that are in them, and I can use the Stomp I/O to navigate between the presets. Cool.

Now let's say I want to tweak a preset or see what other gear is in it. I use my mouse on the screen and click the amp (or pedal or rack effect or ...), and now I can tweak amp settings. BUT - and maybe I'm just missing something here - now how can I get the UX back to the 'Live' view with the presets and the pedals?? I can't for the life of me find anywhere in the UI (or via Stomp I/O) to get back to that view. The only 'Live' button I see is in the top of the window but that doesn't do anything.

And I have the same problem with the looper. If I've got a piece of gear highlighted, and I click the looper button in the menu bar, I don't see the looper and have no idea how to get to the looper screen!? Sigh. And I use computers every day... don't think they user tested this UX very well.

Help! ...and thanks in advance. Any other tips for Stomp I/O usage with Amp 5 and the new UI??
millieaux

Re: Amp5 & Stomp I/O - Basic Usage??

Postby captship » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:22 am

click on the live button in the signal chain - it's to the right at the end - to return to "live" when editing.

For the looper - if you change a setting and want to go back to looper - click on the looper button which is at the end (to the right) in the signal chain. When in looper mode the button changes from live to looper.

If you wish to return to live from looper mode click on the live button next to the looper button in the top right section on the screen
captship

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling