Amplitube 5 DAW automation list resets when closing Reaper

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 DAW automation list resets when closing Reaper

Postby TomSagittarius » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure this issue belongs to AmpliTube (5.0.2) or Reaper(6.25) but here it is:

If I assign an automation, let say a bypass of a stomp pedal from an AmpliTube FX in Reaper, in any slot, it works fine and the pedal will behave as expected when playing the track.
http://tomlachaise.com/wp-content/uploa ... kswell.png

However, when I close Reaper and open the project again, the "DAW Automation" assignment menu of AmpliTube is empty.
http://tomlachaise.com/wp-content/uploa ... ntwork.png

So despite the "Param1" assignment being saved in Reaper's track, it won't do anything, and I have to manually reassign every parameter from scratch every time I reopen the project.

I'm still quite new to both programs but couldn't find any infos about this issue in both user manuals. I thought Reaper might prevent AmpliTube to screw over it's own automation setting but it's hard to tell. I also tried to save a preset setting after assigning the automations, no result. So I can't see if it's a bug, or I missed something. The software being still rather new I expect some compatibility problems?!

If you've got any idea I would be really happy to hear from you

Thanks
TomSagittarius

Re: Amplitube 5 DAW automation list resets when closing Reap

Postby shidos93 » Sun May 09, 2021 4:34 am

Hi, did you get any fix for this? I'm having the same problem in Cubase :(
shidos93

Postby TomSagittarius » Sun May 09, 2021 8:45 am

Hi,

Yes! There are two ways to set automations, the Assign Automation, that resets every time, and the Assign MIDI, that keep the changes in memory.

I now create a MIDI track with a Send to the AmpliTube audio track, with Monitoring ON.

Using Assign MIDI and ReaControl MIDI, I can use virtual knob to send MIDI values to the amplitube track during the 'learn MIDI', they get recognized by the software and I can then draw the desired automations like I would draw volume or pan automations. Exiting the software and restarting it doesn't cause any problem with this second method.
TomSagittarius

Postby shidos93 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:51 am

Thank you! I used MIDI automation before but I remember that method also resets under other conditions (don't know the exact cause, it just happens when I was tweaking sounds), so I was hesitant to use it. Seems there's no other way though until DAW automation is fixed.
shidos93

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 09, 2021 1:16 pm

From the AT5 USer Manual:

6.2 – Managing automation assignments via the Automation panel
Each AmpliTube 5 instance is independent from the others. This means that saving your DAW session will save each AmpliTube 5 instance with its own Automation assignments setup.

If that is not happening for you then it sounds like a bug. Please report it to Technical Support for some guidance or so that the development team can fix it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling