Amplitube 5 vs 5 MAX?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 vs 5 MAX?

Postby Patrickgeorge » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Brand new to amplitube, and I am curious if going all out with the 5 MAX is worth it, or if I can get enough out of the regular 5. Been using GarageBand plugins for 3 years as I don’t have an amp, but I am wanting an upgrade in quality and sound, and I feel like Ive used all GarageBand has to offer. I don't record professionally or anything, I sometimes just record to post on social media or share with friends, but I'm primarily trying amplitube to experiment with different sounds and tones. I know enough about gear to get by, but am far from an expert. I’m not sure I would even utilize 400 gear models? Suggestions?
Patrickgeorge

Re: Amplitube 5 vs 5 MAX?

Postby huli50 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:05 pm

This is a highly personal decision and one that you'll likely make for yourself despite any recommendations from other users. What I can tell you is that if I were to make that decision today (i.e. no previous Amplitube version), I'd buy AT5 MAX. I don't use all the gear, but I love having the variety of tones and messing around with different stuff I wouldn't otherwise have access to.

The fact that you're debating this, makes me believe that you've looked at the tons of gear and like the variety too, and you seem to be ok with the price tag. So I'd think you'd enjoy MAX. I bought AT4 MAX and then just upgraded to AT5 (non-max) once it was released. AT5 MAX would have a lot more gear than I have currently, but I've started to buy packages that I don't have.

Good luck with your decision (and just buy MAX)

EDIT: unless I'm missing something, looks like you can get a bundle consisting of AT5 MAX and AXE I/O for the same price as new user price for AT5 MAX alone. Sounds like you can essentially get an AXE I/O for free.
huli50

Postby Patrickgeorge » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks so much for pointing out the bundle, I did not notice that. It seems like going with the MAX version would be the only sensible option now that the AXE I/O is included. That's like... an unreal deal lol. I wonder why they're doing that promotion considering the AXE is already expensive as is, they're essentially giving it away for free?
Patrickgeorge

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:00 pm

I picked up the Axe I/O Solo and then updated Amp SE to Max for only 99$ or 399$ total. Amplitube 5 Max has an other advantage of having virtually of the gear for the presets in Tonet. I will pick up the individual new collections/tones that interest me until 6 comes out and am happy with this arrangement. SE just made me want Max to remove most of the locks on it.
Sharmon123@

Postby Marcio.couth1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:46 pm

I have a strong doubt, I bought the Amplitube 5 version, but I can't even change the BMP, would this be a limitation of the version? Or a lack of software update?
Marcio.couth1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling