AT 5.0.2: no access to mixer any more

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT 5.0.2: no access to mixer any more

Postby christopher.moyse » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm

I updated from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 today. Now, when I click on the Mixer icon it no longer opens the mixer page. Instead, a pop-up says "This feature is only available in AmpliTube 5."

Even more weirdly, if I click on the before-the-amp routing arrow it goes to a twin parallel amp arrangement, but then gives the same error pop-up as above, and won't let me change the routing any further.

Anybody know how to fix this, please?
christopher.moyse

Re: AT 5.0.2: no access to mixer any more

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Sounds like your AmpliTube 5 is no longer authorized. I would suggest trying a "Restore My Purchases" in Custom Shop v2 first. If that doesn't work you can unauthorize then re-authorize your AmpliTube 5 within IK Product Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:58 am

Peter - thanks for your reply. I unauthorised in Product Manager then immediately re-authorised. This did not change AT5's behaviour. So I clicked through to Custom Shop, and clicked Restore My Purchases. Instantly, a green flag appeared "Purchases restored correctly". It actually seemed too quick for anything to have happened. It did not improve AT5's behaviour, unfortunately.

So I downloaded the installer for 5.0.1, uninstalled 5.0.2 and reinstalled 5.0.1. The bad behaviour was still there. PM was advising that an update was available (again) so I (re-)updated to 5.0.2. Bad behaviour is still present.

CS reports 330 owned gear items, but I notice that some gear that I have used since the launch of AT5 has disappeared - SilverPlate 50 presets give the "models not yet owned" message and some FX have disappeared entirely, by which I mean they are not even visible in presets that use them, so no error appears. Shimmer Reverb and TERC are examples. However, TERC is available, and I can drag it back into the chain (although it has reverted to its default settings). Shimmer Reverb is locked and I can buy it!

All of this is very strange and somewhat frustrating, I'm sure you will understand!
christopher.moyse

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Yes, I surely understand. It seems this is something that the IK Support team will need to take point on so I'd suggest opening a ticket with them if you have not done so already.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 am

Thank you, Peter. I've opened a support ticket.
christopher.moyse

Postby christopher.moyse » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Well, the answer from tech support was not what I expected at all. My issue was not directly caused by updating to 5.0.2. It was a correction made by IK Multimedia to an earlier error that had made more features and gear available than I was entitled to, this correction having been applied without notifying me of the error or the consequences of its correction, thereby involving several wasted hours attempting to diagnose and fix what seemed to me to be a new fault. I can't say I'm impressed by IKM's integrity here. I presume that I am by no means the only person affected by this, too.

When AT 5 was launched, I spent sometime trying to understand what I would need to do as an AT4 MAX owner who had subsequently purchased several other gear packs. As the website was unclear, I decided just to try AT5 CS to see what would happen. I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised to find no reason to pay for upgrade at all and IKM's goodwill rating in my mind increased. But I was wrong. So now I need to figure out whether an upgrade offers any real value, and if so which one to go for. I presume I have missed the "early adoption" special prices now, in any case. Disappointing, all told.
christopher.moyse

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear their response didn't help yet. Please let them know and they will certainly continue to assist you.

Note that AmpliTube 5 CS does not include a large part of the new AmpliTube 5 technology, a huge part being the VIR™ technology which is a massive improvement in the cabinets with 600+ impulse responses per speaker so that is one of the main reasons people do upgrade. The charts on the AmpliTube 5 page should indicate any of these difference for reference.

AmpliTube 5 CS definitely does not include the mixer. This is indicated in the comparison chart on the AmpliTube 5 page, I just double-checked. You can click the "Compare Versions" button on that page to see the full comparison chart.

If there was an error in your access, the support team can take a look, but going forward the information above is correct and what you would be entitled to with AmpliTube 5 CS. To get the mixer and other features you can check that comparison chart and choose one of those versions noting what I post immediately below that you have not missed out on the introductory pricing.

The introductory pricing on AmpliTube 5 has not changed. You are still OK there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Peter - many thanks for your attention to this odd issue, and thank you for reassuring me that a good price is still available.
christopher.moyse

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:58 pm

christopher.moyse wrote:Peter - many thanks for your attention to this odd issue, and thank you for reassuring me that a good price is still available.

No problem, I also pointed out your issue to our Support Manager. Please let me know what your ticket number is as well, so I can close the loop there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 am

Peter - again, many thanks. The support team exceeded my expectations by generously changing my licence to 5 SE, which immediately solves my signal routing problems. A good outcome!
christopher.moyse

Postby keary1213 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:52 pm

i wish i could get to the mixer. I still can not get a peep out of at5.02 Wrote out a ticket and about a week later (their busy i know)
I get an answer asking for screen shots full equipment list and to down load some app that allows movies to be made from your screen, What more can i say using mac os catalina, logic pro 10.6.1 , Presonus studio. 68C, no meters move , works fine as a plug-in ( no mixer or anything),can't do anything not loading up Logic and all of that just to listen to some presets and tweak. I am sending another ticket today to see what they say this time, not holding my mouth just right or what
keary1213

Re: Solved - AT 5.0.2: no access to mixer any more

Postby christopher.moyse » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:44 pm

I've amended the title to show that this is resolved for me.
christopher.moyse

Postby hermannps » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Well, I'm having a similar problem. I formatted my machine, installed the latest version of Amplitube 5 (used amplitube 4 before formatting), authorized the license through the license manager (there are still 9 to authorize), restored my store gear, and now when I try to use some interface features I am informed that the feature is only available on amplitube 5. Even though I acquired studio max in the past, I am forced to pay to update the license, is that it?
hermannps

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:04 pm

hermannps wrote:Well, I'm having a similar problem. I formatted my machine, installed the latest version of Amplitube 5 (used amplitube 4 before formatting), authorized the license through the license manager (there are still 9 to authorize), restored my store gear, and now when I try to use some interface features I am informed that the feature is only available on amplitube 5. Even though I acquired studio max in the past, I am forced to pay to update the license, is that it?

I'll PM you about this issue, thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hermannps » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
hermannps wrote:Well, I'm having a similar problem. I formatted my machine, installed the latest version of Amplitube 5 (used amplitube 4 before formatting), authorized the license through the license manager (there are still 9 to authorize), restored my store gear, and now when I try to use some interface features I am informed that the feature is only available on amplitube 5. Even though I acquired studio max in the past, I am forced to pay to update the license, is that it?

I'll PM you about this issue, thank you.

Thank you friend. First time I need support from IK and you did not disappoint me.
hermannps

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling