Hissing noise? Wis this random hissing noise??

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hissing noise? Wis this random hissing noise??

Postby ryanwelch566 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:44 am

Someone please please help me! :oops: There is this random obnoxious loud hissing noise that happens in intervals of 8 seconds and I just cannot concentrate on my work flow. I bought Amplitube 3 years ago, loved it, and the hissing noise would happen too. Now I bought MODO Bass and the hissing noise is really bad. I also am not really running a lot of extra stuff on my Mac. I exclusively use my Mac for music. If someone could help me that would be great. I'm on Mac up to date and using Garageband.

Side Question: Where is IK Multimedia's contact phone #? I don't see a contact support number at all. :roll:

Thanks guys! :)
ryanwelch566

Re: HISSING NOISE? WHAT IS THIS RANDOM HISSING NOISE??

Postby livesforrap » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:56 am

That's what happens when something isn't authorized or if you are demoing something, you don't have the custom shop open.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby ryanwelch566 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:51 am

*issue still not solved

Thanks for your reply!

I've opened my IK Project Manager and for Amplitube and MODO Bass under my products it says I'm authorized. I've also tried hard restarting my computer, disabling other plugins, and having the custom shop open. I'm not using a demo because I paid for it.

Note* I have noticed something. When using MODO Bass, on most of the bass guitar model options it displays on the side "Please Note: This model is not included with your current version" Only 50s P-bass and 60s P-bass do not display that. Which confuses me because I did pay $150 for full access to MODO Bass

Update* I have noticed the hissing sound doesn't happen when using 50s P-bass and 60s P-bass. When I use the other 12 bass models the hissing definitely happens. Which to me is absolutely ridiculous that I paid $150 for only 2 bass guitar models?? :shock: That would be a huge rip off. Please somebody tell me this is not the case
ryanwelch566

Postby ryanwelch566 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:15 am

*Problem Solved

I didn't read the fine print. The $150 version only comes with 2 models, which is kind of odd to me. Why don't they just make 1 single price for full access to all 14?? Why have a $150 version with only 2 bass models? And they advertise it all over the internet for $150 too :roll: sketchy.

Does anyone know how I can just tack on $50 to get the full version?
Could I get a refund and buy the $200 full version?

Thank,
~Ryan
ryanwelch566

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 am

Hello Ryan

Yes, it sounds like you have bought the SE version of MODO Bass which is just 2 models.

ryanwelch566 wrote:I didn't read the fine print. The $150 version only comes with 2 models, which is kind of odd to me. Why don't they just make 1 single price for full access to all 14?? Why have a $150 version with only 2 bass models? And they advertise it all over the internet for $150 too sketchy.

I wouldn't say it was fine print though. Both versions are clearly displayed on the product page stating what is included. The best thing you can do is contact Sales Support and ask them how to proceed/what your options are.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Hissing noise? Wis this random hissing noise??

Postby ryanwelch566 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:06 pm

Then why do they even have a version that's $150 for just 2 bass models? Is that not puzzling to you? I'm no marketing expert, but Common Sense says they should just delete the $150 version and only sell the $200 full version. In addition, that's more profitable.

Now I have to go through this mess of contacting support which takes 3-5 days or they don't respond at all. Their support line is pretty terrible, sometimes I get no response.

This will be the last IK product I ever buy :!:
ryanwelch566

Re: Hissing noise? Wis this random hissing noise??

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:33 pm

ryanwelch566 wrote:Then why do they even have a version that's $150 for just 2 bass models?

I guess it's to give people choices.

ryanwelch566 wrote:I'm no marketing expert, but Common Sense says they should just delete the $150 version and only sell the $200 full version

Initially it was only the full version that was sold and then the SE version was introduced, so I suspect there was a market for a cutdown version.

ryanwelch566 wrote:Now I have to go through this mess of contacting support which takes 3-5 days or they don't respond at all. Their support line is pretty terrible, sometimes I get no response.

Please read these rules, particularly 1 and 2, about how to escalate a support ticket if you think it is taking too long to be dealt with.

ryanwelch566 wrote:This will be the last IK product I ever buy

And as per number 7 of the above rules, and to keep the forum tidy, I shall lock this thread.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling