Amplitube 5 not saving projects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 5 not saving projects

Postby groovecraft » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:56 am

Same problem every day. Save the recording. All it saves is the initial track 1 I exported into daw(drums) all my other tracks are just empty blocks with missing wav takes. This program have aalot of issues for such a reputable program. Instead of making a ton of various programs (modadrums, modabass, t-racks, mixbox), why not just make 1 program that works well without so many issues.
groovecraft

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:04 pm

groovecraft wrote:Same problem every day. Save the recording. All it saves is the initial track 1 I exported into daw(drums) all my other tracks are just empty blocks with missing wav takes. This program have aalot of issues for such a reputable program. Instead of making a ton of various programs (modadrums, modabass, t-racks, mixbox), why not just make 1 program that works well without so many issues.

AmpliTube 5 works well for many people, I'm sure IK Support can assist you and get you up and running properly. Please open a ticket with support for direct and official technical support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby groovecraft » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:37 am

Yes sir
groovecraft

Postby groovecraft » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:17 pm

i checked about my anti virus program regarding stopping the file being created .
I checked marked the “trusted” Amplitube 5. so its not that issue, I use windows defender windows 11
and no i dont use "STORAGE SENSE" its disabled
although i have alot of issues with amplitube, mostly crashing during use of amplitubes standalone daw, this is the most important issues at the time,
groovecraft

Postby AnalogEars777 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:45 am

Same problem here on a MBP saving to local drive. Just did some test recording last night, and this morning the Audio folder is empty. I noticed I have also done some test recording in June 2022, but this project also opens up with an empty block on track 1 and an empty Audio folder. I also often get an "AmpliTube crashed unexpectedly" message when closing the application and selecting No to the Save Song? prompt.

I have notified support of my issue.
AnalogEars777

Postby Islanddude365 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:58 am

Exactly the Same problem....MBP
Islanddude365

Postby Gsavvid7 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:07 pm

The issue seems to be solved after updating to version 5.5.6 (MacOS). If you now record something, save it, and then open the ".at5proj" file, it works ok. It might crash once or twice when you try to open it but eventually it works and the audio tracks are imported fine.
Gsavvid7

Postby jim-mapps » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:10 pm

Same issue. Pretty disappointing to be honest, lost a whole night's work.
jim-mapps

Postby angelohector » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:26 pm

Same here
It was my first try, I've recorded some new ideas.
Came back to hear it and they were just not there.

Very, very disappointed.
angelohector

Postby Swmpmystr01 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:13 pm

Has the OP solved this issue?
How about others - anyone solved it.
I'm having the same issue.
I created a dedicated directory to save ideas to as projects.
When i saved, it created a file called waveforms.cache in the Audio subdirectory, and then I have several loop .RAW files in the Looper subdirectory, but no project file so cannot load anything.
Very frustrating.
Swmpmystr01

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:50 pm

Peter_IK wrote:AmpliTube 5 works well for many people, I'm sure IK Support can assist you and get you up and running properly. Please open a ticket with support for direct and official technical support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Swmpmystr01 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:36 pm

Swmpmystr01 wrote:Has the OP solved this issue?
How about others - anyone solved it.
I'm having the same issue.
I created a dedicated directory to save ideas to as projects.
When i saved, it created a file called waveforms.cache in the Audio subdirectory, and then I have several loop .RAW files in the Looper subdirectory, but no project file so cannot load anything.
Very frustrating.

So I contacted IK support and they replied very quickly to suggest that I create/save the project to my dedicated directory (which is NOT the default save directory for A5) before recording audio. This seems to solve the problem. I have recorded several new A5 projects and saved them to my preferred directory and then been able to see those projects in my Recent projects list, and open them fine.
Swmpmystr01

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling