Amplitube 5 not saving projects

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 not saving projects

Postby djossma » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 am

created a project, recorded against a backing track and saved the project on my NAS drive.

It created the folders, saved the clips and showed me that the project was saved.

Closed amplitube, opened it again, went looking for the project file to open it and it was gone (or never there).

Is this bug on somebody else's radar?
djossma

Re: Amplitube 5 not saving projects

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:25 pm

What happens if you save the project onto a local drive?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Melzar88 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:34 am

Same for me!
Melzar88

Postby RoddLamarche10 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:37 am

Have the same issue. See all the takes in the project folder on the disk while AmpliTube is open. When close it asks if you want to save the project. Select yes and then it goes and deletes all the files leaving just the project file and the directories where the recordings were located. Open the project file again and can see where the audio goes in the track/recording view put since all the wav files are gone there’s no audio. Very annoying!

Have taken to copying the whole folder to a different directory.

Should say there was one project did not delete anything when closed AmpliTube. However only saw that once out of many. Seems to be a bug.
RoddLamarche10

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:41 am

Have you reported this to IK Support? They'll be able to help you with any technical issue, including this one.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rafaello50005 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:17 pm

I have same problem, AmpliTube max
rafaello50005

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Have you reported this to IK Support? They'll be able to help you with any technical issue, including this one.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tpoduje8 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:31 pm

Same issue on my first try, luckily was just sampling some recordings to learn the tool so didn't lose anything important. I saved everything when I closed the app last night and re-opened it in the morning to find soundless blocks of time in the sound-waves for each track. Not feeling very confident in this software at this point, more likely to save everything into GarageBand if I can't find a solution.
tpoduje8

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Have you reported this to IK Support? They'll be able to help you with any technical issue, including this one.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tpoduje8 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:03 pm

Trying now but just ran into the FAQ page first, am collecting a few items to submit to the help team. Thank you for the guidance.
tpoduje8

Postby tpoduje8 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:44 am

Got in touch with IK help, sent them snapshots of the issue and they said they had not heard of this before. They suggested it might be tied to saving onto the cloud, which I am not. Last night, recorded eight tracks into amplitube, saved the project, and again find empty blocks with no soundwaves in them when re-opening the file today. I'll keep trying with the help but am rather surprised they have not heard of this as it appear to be a re-occurring bug for various users.

Am inclined to only record in other apps, like Garageband, or add a step of backing up every recording manually in another folder which is a disappointing waste of time.
tpoduje8

Postby 19Blanco76 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:56 pm

Thought it worth mentioning that I had the same issue, the project was created but no wav file present, turned out it was my anti virus stopping the file being created, very odd as the rest of the project file structure was there but no wav. Once I “trusted” Amplitube 5 through my AV the wav file would save, not had a problem since luckily
19Blanco76

Postby rogeriodpinto » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:00 pm

Same issue for me using Mac OS version.
rogeriodpinto

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:09 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Gianluca8675 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:40 pm

Same issue, empty blocks with no sound waves in it. Has anybody had some responses from IK?
Any news about this issue?
Gianluca8675

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling