AmpliTube 5 - latency increases over time on mac?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 - latency increases over time on mac?

Postby dhevans79 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Hi all,

New guitar player / AmpliTube user. I got AmpliTube 5 running on a mac. Everything starts fine and I can play with 0 latency on any amp or effects. However after playing for 10-15 mins, there starts to be a slow ramp up in latency, so eventually there's a small delay between what I do on the guitar, and the sound coming out of the app.

I'm using a Behringer Guitar 2 USB cable, and as already said, at the beginning, it's perfect. I love twiddling around in it. Loving all the effects and amps. Love the software.

Any advice to get rid of this delayed latency that means I have to restart the application every 10-15 mins or so? I've tried changing the buffer settings which appears to be the common resolution for this, however that appears to be for latency which is audible from the start, not something that increases over time. I'm running with the buffer anywhere between 128 and 1024 without any ill effects on the immediate sound, but always getting the delay after a while.

Thanks in advance :)

Dave
dhevans79

Re: AmpliTube 5 - latency increases over time on mac?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:23 pm

I would recommend making sure you have the latest (5.0.2 just released this morning) and if that doesn't help, IK Support will be able to diagnose what is going on directly with you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube 5 - latency increases over time on mac?

Postby dhevans79 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:31 am

Cheers for the feedback.

I've made sure to update to 5.0.2 (only bought it the day before on the 5.0.1 lol) and still having the same effect. I've spent a few days to try some stuff, and actually timed it.

For me, at 10mins on the dot, I start to notice a de-sync audibly, but it's not too bad, and at 22 mins I have to restart the software as it's too distracting. Only have to restart the software, nothing to do with unplugging the cable or anything.

I'll go fill in that link you sent me now to register a support ticket and see where that goes.

Thanks!

Dave
dhevans79

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling