Amplitube 5 in Logic Pro - Automation Problem

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 in Logic Pro - Automation Problem

Postby winip » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:19 am

Unlike in Amplitube 4 where everything works perfectly, I have been unable to use Amplitube knobs, sliders etc. to generate automation. For example, if I set Automation to "Latch" and then use my trackpad to move a control in Amplitube (that has been assigned a parameter) the Logic display will show the parameter to be automated, but when I use the trackpad to move the knob, slider, etc. nothing is written into the Automation lane. As mentioned with Amplitube 4 moving any knob, slider, etc. writes data into the automation lane (as is the case with virtually all plugins).
Appreciate any suggestions
Thank you,
paul
winip

Re: Amplitube 5 in Logic Pro - Automation Problem

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:03 am

Hello Paul and welcome to the forums.

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour in LPX (specs in sig) both AT4 working as expected and AT5 not working the same way [Edit] speaking for myself as a user, not as IKM.

The workaround I can suggest is that writing the automation into LPX manually to control AT5 does work, but obviously this is not as desirable.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.

I'll open a ticket with Support as well - the more people flagging this up, the more chance they can find a solution.
Last edited by garfy on Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added extra line for clarity
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby winip » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:23 pm

Thank you Garfy,
I appreciate knowing that it's not just an issue for me. I have also put in a ticket to support. I did write in the automation so there is a workaround albeit not nearly as good.
I also use Cubase, and in Cubase automation with Amplitube 5 works as expected.
Hopefully this is something that can be resolved because other than this problem I'm loving version 5.
paul
winip

Postby winip » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Just installed the 5.0.2 update for Amplitube 5 and still no fix from IK Multimedia - basically not even a response from support. But what I did figure out is that using the iPad as a controller I can write in automation perfectly (as opposed to trying to do it by moving a control with the trackpad in the Amplitube 5 interface). Go figure! Man I love that iPad remote!!!!
winip

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:38 pm

winip wrote:Just installed the 5.0.2 update for Amplitube 5 and still no fix from IK Multimedia - basically not even a response from support. But what I did figure out is that using the iPad as a controller I can write in automation perfectly (as opposed to trying to do it by moving a control with the trackpad in the Amplitube 5 interface). Go figure! Man I love that iPad remote!!!!

Support will reply to your ticket and let you know a status on a fix for any issue you've reported. Please note that we've posted specific guidelines about what to do when you want to post here about a ticket that you feel has not been handled to your satisfaction (since this is not a tech support forum per the rules): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Edit - They did find your ticket, and the last response from the 16th is still valid, they have reported what you sent them to the developers and the developers will be looking into the issue. Unfortunately not all issues can be fixed overnight.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby winip » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:48 pm

I appreciate the reply Peter. Sorry if I came across as rather snarky. Trust me, I do understand that some fixes take time.
winip

Postby winip » Wed May 04, 2022 4:04 pm

Good morning
I just installed the current version of Amplitube 5. Just wondering if there is any word on a fix for the automation problem with Logic Pro.
Thank you
winip

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling