AT5 looper cuts out and lags

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 looper cuts out and lags

Postby ovelasco26 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 am

Hi folks

New AT user here. Love the software but having issues with looper mode. Whenever I use loop
mode, the first recording always cuts out and then comes back off time. This happens after a few cycles of the loop playing or when I go to record an overdub or the second track. I run a garageband drum track in the background.

I thought maybe this overloaded the mac. But the issue still occurs when AT5 running alone and no other programs running. I Installed and tested AT4. Same issue on that looper. I’ve tried different buffer settings and nothing fixes the issue. I’ve reinstalled the software. I’ve even wiped the mac and reinstalled the OS.

I am using stomp i/o as the controller and have a mid 2012 macbook pro with Catalina, 8gb RAM, i7 quadcore. Yep. Also submitted a help tix to IKM.
ovelasco26

Re: AT5 looper cuts out and lags

Postby ovelasco26 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 am

Anyone? Lol
ovelasco26

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Since this is a user-to-user forum and no other users have chimed in, you should seek direct and official technical assistance from the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. I'm sure they'll be able to assist you. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ovelasco26 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Since this is a user-to-user forum and no other users have chimed in, you should seek direct and official technical assistance from the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already. I'm sure they'll be able to assist you. Thank you.

Thanks. I did so over a week ago. How long does it take to receive support?
ovelasco26

Postby jemen7 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Hey, I have the same issue, if I adjust buffer size to like 1028 then it's okay but the latency is so bad it's like the speaker is in another county. I have tried adjusting the latency etc, all the settings on the Axe control panel, adjusting power settings. I'm running a pretty good tower PC with Ryzen 7, 32 gig of RAM. Should be running OK. Please post back if you get a solution. I will try Tech support myself.
jemen7

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Usually a few business days (M-F). If you have a ticket that isn't being handled to your satisfaction, taking too long, please provide the ticket number as suggested in these guidelines for the forum viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:25 pm

jemen7 wrote:Hey, I have the same issue, if I adjust buffer size to like 1028 then it's okay but the latency is so bad it's like the speaker is in another county. I have tried adjusting the latency etc, all the settings on the Axe control panel, adjusting power settings. I'm running a pretty good tower PC with Ryzen 7, 32 gig of RAM. Should be running OK. Please post back if you get a solution. I will try Tech support myself.

Using AXE I/O? You should be able to use way lower buffer settings. I typically use 64 or max 128 for realtime playing, 1024 would be more for mixing purposes.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ovelasco26 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Usually a few business days (M-F). If you have a ticket that isn't being handled to your satisfaction, taking too long, please provide the ticket number as suggested in these guidelines for the forum viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you
ovelasco26

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:10 pm

You can post your ticket number here for me if you'd like, don't have to PM it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jemen7 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 pm

I don't know if you meant me, don't mean to jack the thread. My ticket is #1459021. I found I was using the ASIO4ALL as the output and input device; I changed that to the AXE and it got a little better, but I still had to move the buffer up to keep it from glitching; however there is at the top of the loop an annoying little pop at at the end of each loop no matter how much I turn up the buffer size.

I tried the Amplitube in a Reaper DAW and I can set the buffer down way low to 64 and the latency is really good, even playing over another track.
jemen7

Postby ovelasco26 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:47 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You can post your ticket number here for me if you'd like, don't have to PM it.

ovelasco26

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:16 pm

Thank you, I have relayed your ticket numbers to the IK Support Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby marflorent » Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 am

Hello,

I have the same problem here : the looper lags and cuts after few seconds of use. I opened a support ticket one month ago. I'm still waiting an answer. The ticket number is #6153869.

Can you relayed this to the support team please ?

Thank you.
marflorent

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 4:18 pm

I have relayed your information to the support team. Please note that they strive to answer support requests within a few days but there are times where the support ticket volume is higher where your request may take longer. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonasjuenger » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:59 pm

2,5 years later. Google relates to a lot of threads on different forums all with the same problem.
And it still exists. The first loop always starts with a glitch after a few seconds and gets worst with overdubs. I first used a m-audio interface now a UA volt 2 and a very potent gaming computer. Nothing helps. It’s so sad, the looper function is the only and last thing holding me back to completely swap to digital.

Anyone actually got a fix?
jonasjuenger

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling