Which MESA/Boogie amp would be equivalent to the D-180?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Which MESA/Boogie amp would be equivalent to the D-180?

Postby NewEnglandSynthOrchestra » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 pm

Ever since I got the entire AmpliTube package a few months ago, I've really enjoyed trying out various amps to see how they sound with my guitar plugin. I do, however, have a question: which of the MESA/Boogie amps would be the closest equivalent to the D-180?
NewEnglandSynthOrchestra

Re: Which MESA/Boogie amp would be equivalent to the D-180?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Are you running guitar or bass through the amps? D-180 is a bass amp and is based on a Fender tone stack so I would recommend trying the Fender Collection (1 and 2) bass amps for that aspect. Though you'll probably end up with a lot more clean headroom on the Fender bass amps, overall. The D-180 could really break up quickly from what I recall.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NewEnglandSynthOrchestra » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:08 am

Peter_IK wrote:Are you running guitar or bass through the amps? D-180 is a bass amp and is based on a Fender tone stack so I would recommend trying the Fender Collection (1 and 2) bass amps for that aspect. Though you'll probably end up with a lot more clean headroom on the Fender bass amps, overall. The D-180 could really break up quickly from what I recall.

Bass, more precisely MODO Bass.
NewEnglandSynthOrchestra

Postby livesforrap » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:41 am

I couldn't even get accurate information on that when I first saw your post way back when :lol:

I wish I knew that style amp and could help you (I play bass) but I've never even seen one, let alone play through one.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 pm

I still think a bass amp with a Fender tone stack would be the best option in this case.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling