Amplitube with Behringer UM2 Help

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube with Behringer UM2 Help

Postby vonhelson » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:44 am

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get back into playing guitar which I've not done for the past 10 years. A friend of mine had my 20 year old Pacifica which he found in a house move. I don't have an amp nor the cash to buy one so I though that amp modellers would be the best way to go.

I got a Behringer UM2 for xmas, downloaded ASIO4ALL v2, Installed Amplitube 5 CS (Free Edition) connected up the USB and plugged in to the 2nd Jack on the UM2. I'd assumed i'd get audio straight away but have had no joy.

In the Audio/MIDI settings, it recognises ASIO4ALL, WindowsAudio and Direct Sound. I don't see the UM2 listed as a device (unless that's what it recognises as ASIO) With ASIO selected, it has both I/O boxes filled out with USB Codec 1 & 2 in the left/right channels.

Now I've not got headphones to plug into the direct monitor so I don't know if I can rule out a broken guitar or a broken interface but based on my research, lack of any input/output sound with ASIO looks to be quite a common problem. I don't have any speakers hooked up to the interface so I know the output won't work with ASIO selected as it's trying to send the signal back through the interface but the worrying thing is, I don't seem to be getting any input signal at all. The input EQ remains greyed with no movement at all.

What I want is to be able to play through the UM2 into Amplitube and have the sound come out of my PC connected desktop bookshelf speakers. I'm using Amplitube standalone as I don't need to record anything.

Is this possible or have I been barking up the wrong tree?
vonhelson

Re: Amplitube with Behringer UM2 Help

Postby vonhelson » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 am

Image didn't work - https://ibb.co/VwXFkDc
vonhelson

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:11 pm

If you didn't install a specific driver for your UM2 then you'd need to use ASIO4ALL. However, it is almost always better to use the official driver so I'd suggest looking to see if there is one for that interface and installing that and trying it out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chrislynch » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:22 pm

I also have Behringer multi-input interface. My guitar is plugged into input 8. Nothing. It will not work with my MacBook Pro or iPad Pro. Very upset by this.
chrislynch

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:40 pm

Is input 8 an instrument/hi-z input? Usually folks use input 1 or 2 as at least #1 is typically an instrument/hi-z input which is what you'd want for guitar.

Also, if you choose the input in AmpliTube's audio setup area that should be all you need so I would recommend checking signal levels at the interface as they may not be correct and/or getting into AmpliTube.

The IK Support team would also happily assist you if you are having issues via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chrislynch » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:09 pm

I understand that most people use inputs 1 or 2, however, I have mic's in those inputs, and do to where the back inputs are located, input 8 was the most convenient to access.(Yes, they are all Hi-Z/instrument inputs) After resetting my MacBook, reloading Amplitube, I was able to assign channel 8 and it worked. However, still no response on iPad....Is there a clear way to change inputs on iPad version of Amplitube? Thank you so much for responding. Ps. All signals are good to go. Logic Pro is my main DAW and everything is working perfect there.

Chris
chrislynch

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:23 pm

On interfaces supported fully in iOS, to enable the multichannel functionality please enable the setting within the Menu > Settings > Multi Input Recording to ON

Then in the DAW/Recorder, you can set the input channel there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chrislynch » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Yeah, I've done all that. It recognizes there are 8 inputs, but when I select input 8, nothing happens. I just re-loaded Amplitube on my Mac and it's not working there again either. Rebooted twice. Logic is just fine, and I can load Amplitube through an input there, but stand alone program will not work. Again, it sees all 8 inputs, but none of them are responding in Amplitube. I feel like this just started happening as I've been using this for years without any issues.

Side note, I've tried using a friends' 2channel Behringer, and have had same results. It sees both channels, but neither are working. I have iRig HD 2 and when I plug that in, it works, no problems at all. I was just curious if something has changed with Behringer, or if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks again,
Chris
chrislynch

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:38 pm

I'm not sure what could cause that. I think you would need to work with IK Support to figure out what is happening.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling