Amplitube 5 Joe Satriani Collection - missing presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Joe Satriani Collection - missing presets

Postby dirksteele » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:47 pm

I own the Joe Satriani Collection and have been happily playing with it in my free standalone version of Amplitube 4 (v4.10.0). All of the tones sound great and I'm very happy with it.

Today I thought I would try out Amplitube 5, so I downloaded the free standalone version of it (v5.0.1). I'm impressed with the new interface, a much needed improvement over AT4.

My Satriani Collection automatically appeared in AT5, however when I loaded one of my favourite presets (Crystal Planet) I noticed it didn't have any rack reverb or delay on it.

I tried some of the other presets and had similar issues with missing FX. To confirm that I wasn't going mad I set Amplitube 5 to only display the gear I own, and as soon as I did half of the presets in the "Discography" section of the Satriani Collections list disappeared.

I have reauthorised Amplitube 5 and clicked "Restore my Gear" in Custom Shop, to no avail. Does anyone have any idea why this is or have you had similar issues?

Cheers
Last edited by dirksteele on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirksteele

Re: Amplitube 5 Joe Satriani Collection - missing presets

Postby livesforrap » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Is that preset only included with the collection? I don't have it here.

Sorry, I can't check.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby dirksteele » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:27 pm

Yes, the one I mentioned (Crystal Planet) is just in the Satriani Collection.

To put it another way, when I load that preset in Amplitube 4 it has the following rack effects:

Parametric EQ x 2
Digital Delay
Digital Reverb

When I load the same preset in Amplitube 5, only the Parametric EQ x 2 appears in the racks section - no Digital delay or Digital Reverb are there.

To make things even weirder, the Digital Delay and Reverb are both available to me in the gear list: I believe they are just the stock ones that come with the free versions of Amplitube.
dirksteele

Postby livesforrap » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:54 pm

This is a guess and ONLY a guess. Someone goofed when doing the presets and didn't put those back in the chain because it's very different.

As an example, my "fender 2" collection has presets with "fender one" stuff and gives me an error.

Again, it's just me, but AT5 is really different from AT4. Goofs are not good but they can be expected. I'd write a ticket about it because they are the only ones who can change it (unless you have a direct pipeline to Joe himself) :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby 6stringer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:37 am

It's not a problem unique to you. I had the same issue with AT5 CS. Not an issue with upgraded versions (SE, MAX, and AT 5).

The problem is CS doesn't have enough rack slots for some of the effects. You can work around it a bit by putting some of the effects in different spots (for example, put the delay in the FX loop of the amp).

I had the same issue with missing presets in the CS version. I didn't confirm this, but it could be because the second and third amps in the preset (which you don't actually see, because all of the JS Collection presets use a single amp chain) might be set to an amp that you don't have.
6stringer

Postby dirksteele » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 am

I'd write a ticket about it because they are the only ones who can change it (unless you have a direct pipeline to Joe himself)

I wish, haha! "Dear Mr Satriani, my Amplitube is broken..."

The problem is CS doesn't have enough rack slots for some of the effects.

This was what I suspected but I'll raise a ticket with support now to confirm.

If that is the issue - that AT5 CS only supports two rack slots - it's pretty lame. I know it's a free program, but it basically that means that in order to get the full functionality of the Satriani collection that I've paid for, I'm force to use it in AT4 or pay to upgrade my AT5 in order to unlock the extra rack slots I need.

I'd love to switch over to AT5, but not if I have to pay another $99+ just to get a better interface. And if the free version of AT4 lets me use the collection with no issues, why doesn't the free version of AT5 do the same? :?

You can work around it a bit by putting some of the effects in different spots (for example, put the delay in the FX loop of the amp)

I considered this, but then again I feel like I shouldn't have to work around stuff just to be able to use the default presets. I'm a simple man and just want to hit a button and play!

I'll raise a ticket now and see what IK say. I'll report back with any confirmations they throw my way.

Cheers, folks!
dirksteele

Postby jamesfyyyah » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:30 pm

I have almost the same problem than you.
I've just sent an email to support.

Me, I see only 9 presets in 'discography' folder.
I'm missing like 11 presets...

Does it mean that I should stay on Amplitube v4 to have all presets? :lol:

[mod redacted - please review the rules before posting]
jamesfyyyah

Postby livesforrap » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:15 am

I have a grand total of 8 for 5 and about 24 for 4.

Something is wrong. Did we get something back from support on this?
livesforrap

Postby dirksteele » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:13 am

Sadly I have received NOTHING from support about this, my ticket seems to have just been ignored :cry: Very disappointing!
dirksteele

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:30 pm

Please review the forum Guidelines about escalating a Support Ticket.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Dannymow » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:02 pm

I am new to this product and purchased Axe 5 max bundle. All works well and amp out into black star valve emulator valve amp is astonishing.
I have installed i hope correctly the 5 max software with the correct key registered both the axe and 5 max software authorised etc.
Previously had the 5 freebie just to try.
In my products shows a yellow 5 amplitube icon rather than the black one shown underneath which is just a line showing the purchase but you cannot click on it. so i open up the application with the 5 yellow icon on Imac

. [am assuming the satriani pack and other collections are included in the 5 max. Everything is there i assume correctly but the Preset for Always in the presets is missing delay and reverb . a friend has same stuff but his has it from click ? strange.

Its hard know if all the other presets of his are how they are meant to be but i do not want to compare presets of mine to his should not have to do this. I am not having great confidence although other presets satch boogie is great. Any help with missing fx bits appreciated. If all else fails will try suggestion of putting delay in amp loop (good idea)
Cheers
Dannymow

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Hello Dannymow and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're having these problems.

Dannymow wrote:so i open up the application with the 5 yellow icon on Imac

That is correct.

Dannymow wrote:the Preset for Always in the presets is missing delay and reverb

I guess you mean the Digital Delay and Reverb in the main bus inserts (as in 'Post Mixer')?

If so I would suggest opening up the Custom Shop app and clicking Restore My Purchases under your username (top right). You could also try de-authorising the software using the IKPM and re-authorising to make sure you have authorised it with the MAX serial number.

If that doesn't work, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling