Amplitube 5, 4 or 3, in Studio One Pro Glitch

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5, 4 or 3, in Studio One Pro Glitch

Postby thosedreadedgnats » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:54 pm

Using pretty much any version of Amplitube in Presonus Studio One 4.5 Pro. I load Amplitube on a track and when trying different sounds before recording, the only way to get the sound of Amplitube to change is to click the "monitor" button off and on, and then the sound of the new Amplitube selection changes. Can be a big pain when trying to audition a number of different sounds.
Oddly, when playing back the track, Amplitube works as it should. Of course, the Monitor button is off at that point anyway.
thosedreadedgnats

Re: Amplitube 5, 4 or 3, in Studio One Pro Glitch

Postby Xoutremer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:28 am

I thought it was just me. Work fine in Reaper so assume it was a Studio One thing.

I have to set the sound I'm after in stand alone and set it to default before loading it in studio one. Even then AT5 shows in the track insert as Amplitube 6.

I'm going to update to AT5.0.2 and see if it helps otherwise it's a ticket to Presonus.
Xoutremer

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:31 am

Could both of you also report this issue to IKM Technical Support?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Xoutremer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:40 pm

True. I've a ticket in with presonus. To be honest it does look like a glitch in studio one as Amplitube 5 works fine in all other respects except for recording mode. Plus the version number on the insert thing is a bit weird. I'll see what they come back with first. May give me more info to relay on a IK ticket if it comes to that.
Xoutremer

Postby Xoutremer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Got a response. Presonus are aware of this happening with convolution plugins like amp sims. It's related to the dual latency audio engine in Studio One. Seems you can avoid it setting Dropout Protection to minimum or toggling it like you expressed.

Least now we know.
Xoutremer

Postby thosedreadedgnats » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:32 am

Presonus got back to me and suggested I do a system refresh. (Back up any changes made in key commands etc first)....and it worked...Now if I could only find where Amplitube 5 is hiding my Rotary 147-1 and 147-2 cabinets!
thosedreadedgnats

Postby livesforrap » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:33 pm

I have a support ticket with that one and it looks as though AT5 no longer has those cabinets and it's only the paid Leslie's now.

In studio one, I just use the rotor (but I'm on version 5.1.2)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling