[RESOLVED] Amplitube 5 standalone ASIO issues

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] Amplitube 5 standalone ASIO issues

Postby rokamas » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 am

No issue using amplitube via a DAW.

In standalone mode, when I choose "ASIO" as the "Technology" dropdown, it defaults to ASIO4All and gives no option to choose between ASIO drivers (I want to choose my audio interface driver).

This is not me having an unknown issue, there is a dropdown menu that is present in other applications that let you choose an ASIO device after having chosen ASIO as the audio driver type. This is not present in Amplitube 5 standalone settings, making it unusable if it doesn't happen to default to your desired ASIO driver. Almost seems crazy to me that it's been omitted? is this presenting a problem for anyone else?
rokamas

Re: Amplitube 5 standalone ASIO issues

Postby thosedreadedgnats » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:43 pm

Try this...worked for me.
Instead of trying to change your input to ASIO, First go to the Output and select your interface (i.e. Focusrite Scarlett, Presonus Firestudio). Seems, once you do that, the rest of the spaces fill themselves in, including the ASIO option, otherwise at that point you should be able to choose the ASIO option, now that it knows what your interface is.

Probably just a glitch until another update occurs, but I see a few people with this problem.
thosedreadedgnats

Postby rokamas » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:00 pm

thosedreadedgnats wrote:Try this...worked for me.
Instead of trying to change your input to ASIO, First go to the Output and select your interface (i.e. Focusrite Scarlett, Presonus Firestudio). Seems, once you do that, the rest of the spaces fill themselves in, including the ASIO option, otherwise at that point you should be able to choose the ASIO option, now that it knows what your interface is.

Probably just a glitch until another update occurs, but I see a few people with this problem.

Thank you! This makes no sense, but it worked. I did have to have ASIO selected, but I had to choose the output first, which auto selected the missing driver as the input.
rokamas

Postby thosedreadedgnats » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:04 pm

Yeah, doesn't make sense, and am surprised no one else could figure this one out...Glad it helped someone!
thosedreadedgnats

Postby alexgarriss » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:25 pm

This is absolutely not working at all with my audio interfaces (Line6 UX 1, Steinberg UR mkII).
[mod redacted unnecessary, anecdotal]
Why isn´t IK Multimedia able to fix that problem???
alexgarriss

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:45 am

alexgarriss wrote:This is absolutely not working at all with my audio interfaces (Line6 UX 1, Steinberg UR mkII).
[mod redacted unnecessary, anecdotal]
Why isn´t IK Multimedia able to fix that problem???

AmpliTube 5 works with any proper audio interface. I'm sure IK Support can assist you with the issue you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: [RESOLVED] Amplitube 5 standalone ASIO issues

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:48 am

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling