Amplitube 5 - Custom IR presets crash Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 - Custom IR presets crash Amplitube

Postby j.oscar.cary » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Anyone else tried to save a preset with an Amplitube amp + their own IR & then try to load it? It crashes the program everytime for me on 2 different machines. The custom IR's work and sound great when I manually select them, they then save with no issue, but loading that saved preset kills the program!

Any help would be rad! Thanks!
j.oscar.cary

Re: Amplitube 5 - Custom IR presets crash Amplitube

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:54 pm

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. I would recommend also opening a ticket with IK Support while you wait for other users to chime in as the support team will likely be able to resolve your issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Abikis » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 am

Support told me the only fix is to wait for the next update.

This is not a quote and doesn't break forum rules.
Abikis

Postby oldbluejoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Hi,

I haven't experienced this at all, my presets with IRs load up properly. Are you having this in standalone or do you use a daw, and which DAW? Are the IRs from the same manufacturer, or does it happen no matter which brand of IRs you use?
oldbluejoe

Postby j.oscar.cary » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:17 pm

Within the stand alone app. IR's are same manufacturer. They load and sound great, they then save no problem. They just crash the stand alone app when I try to recall them.

Just tried it within Studio One DAW... same behavior, also crashes Studio One!
j.oscar.cary

Postby j.oscar.cary » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:57 pm

Well,... WORSE news! After attempting to load a custom IR preset in Amplitube5 through my DAW plugin, now the standalone app will not open at all, crashes halfway through initializing.

Thankfully the plugin still works through my DAW- but this totally sucks as I use the standalone as a phrase trainer.

BEWARE WITH CUSTOM IR's !!!!!!!!
j.oscar.cary

Postby oldbluejoe » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:04 am

j.oscar.cary wrote:Within the stand alone app. IR's are same manufacturer. They load and sound great, they then save no problem. They just crash the stand alone app when I try to recall them.

Just tried it within Studio One DAW... same behavior, also crashes Studio One!

That's weird.. First I would try with different IRs from several suppliers, like some of the free stuff that is floating around. If it still happens, then at least you know it's not that.
oldbluejoe

Postby j.oscar.cary » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Well, apparently a critical system file was corrupted when I tried to load an IR preset in Amplitube through my DAW. I had to restore a system point from last week to make the stand alone app function again. Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help.

Hoping IK can figure out why custom IR presets won't load on a windows 10 machine!
j.oscar.cary

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:59 pm

j.oscar.cary wrote:Well, apparently a critical system file was corrupted when I tried to load an IR preset in Amplitube through my DAW. I had to restore a system point from last week to make the stand alone app function again. Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help.

Hoping IK can figure out why custom IR presets won't load on a windows 10 machine!

They load on Windows 10 here. If you keep working with them, they will figure out why IR presets won't load on yours, though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby oldbluejoe » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:32 pm

j.oscar.cary wrote:Well, apparently a critical system file was corrupted when I tried to load an IR preset in Amplitube through my DAW. I had to restore a system point from last week to make the stand alone app function again. Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help.

They load well on my win10, so this could be something specific to your system that's causing it. Have you tried with IRs from other sources, like I suggested earlier? That's the first thing I would check. Also, are the some other certain components in the signal chain in those presets, or does this happen also when the preset only has an amp and the cab with IR?
oldbluejoe

Postby j.oscar.cary » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:34 pm

I DO need to try some different from different sources. Still, it's odd that the irs I have work and sound great, but do not save properly. I'm sending a couple to IK to try themselves....
j.oscar.cary

Postby j.oscar.cary » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Well, I've tried IR's from 3 different sources - they all crash Amplitube when I try to recall a saved preset.

Tech support has ried to help, but cannot recreate the issue. I have been trying on two separate computers and they both crash. I guess it's just not an option?
j.oscar.cary

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:03 pm

^^^
Just to be clear.

Various IRs crash AT5 for you when you try to load their presets. But when Support loads those same presets (i.e. referencing those IRs) all is OK. Have I got that right?

Does the problem only occur on Windows 10 systems? Are you sure that Support tried those presets on a Windows 10 system too?

Maybe you can upload them (i.e, there is no problem in republishing the IRs) so other Windows 10 users can try therm?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby j.oscar.cary » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Yes, yes, and I don't think I have the rights to post the ir's I have.
j.oscar.cary

Postby XmikeMc8 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:36 am

Hi, have you solve that? i have the same issue here, i have a mac with logic pro x and it also crash on standalone mode, i can not load presets with IR.
XmikeMc8

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling