Annoying in-app purchase popups

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Annoying in-app purchase popups

Postby WolfTVIE » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Bought Ampitude 5 yesterday and besides quite misleading pricing (incl VAt/excl VAT, upgrade vs full) I find the level of in app purchase reminders, popups and ads exceedingly annoying, consindering this is a pro product and that I was willing to latch out 250EUR to start with. Any way I can turn this off? Also, a filter that deselects/hides all gear that is unavailable would be a good starting point. This is just such a pain and certainly no way of making customers happy.

Shame, the sounds are brilliant. But a couple of hours into using the tool and I am really annoyed by it already.
WolfTVIE

Re: Annoying in-app purchase popups

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:08 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum

The pricing is not misleading. VAT is not applicable to everyone and is, I believe, only added during Checkout. Upgrades (and Crossgrades) depend on you have a Qualifying Product registered to your IKM User account. If you go to the Upgrade/Crossgrade section of your User Area you will see there which ones you qualify for and the best price available to you.

The pop-ups occur. presumably, if you are loading a preset that includes gear that you do not have. That offers you a chance to Try the gear for a period (72 hours?) if you wish. Having said that I would prefer to see only presets that I can load fully; I think I read that IKM is looking into that issue.

"a filter that deselects/hides all gear that is unavailable" >>>
By clicking on the button to the right of the Gear Selector Search Bar you can choose to display only the gear you own, the gear you don’t own or both to better fit your needs. User Guide, p47.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling