AT4 presets transferred to AT5... anyone else disappointed??

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT4 presets transferred to AT5... anyone else disappointed??

Postby JasonFunk » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 pm

So I read many different discussions on transferring AT4 presets to AT5... I saw many mention batch changing the file extensions. I did that and, at least for me, it did nothing. All amps in all presets have all knobs turned to 12 o'clock... even all of the legacy products in AT5.

I bought Hendrix (and every other single add on) for the songs/tones already being dialed in, not just the actual effects. I love Amplitube, but I am so disappointed that they seem to have not focused much on porting everything over properly. It seems all of those hours dialing in and setting up hundreds of cover songs..... was a waste. I have Helix Native and a Fractal FM3 but kept going back to AT because everything was all dialed in. Now having to start all over from scratch....? I'm wondering if I should just be using my Fractal since I've got to start dialing in from zero again.....

Has anyone had a method that preserves the presets when copying them over? Or has anyone else noticed that even the AT5 legacy presets are all set to noon (which kind of makes those presets useless to some degree?)? As a side note to IK Multimedia as a businessman, I love AT and all it's products, but can you try to figure out a way to fix this?

I think this neglected aspect will be looked back upon as a HUGE business mistake that will probably lead some to spend a little more time with other products out there. I truly hope a fix can come through.
JasonFunk

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling