Macbook Air M1 Chip

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Macbook Air M1 Chip

Postby Richiez1970 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:37 am

Anyone using one of these with Amplitube 5 yet ?
Richiez1970

Re: Macbook Air M1 Chip

Postby pjcass1981 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:01 pm

I am and have been since it was released. Not a glitch in sight. Stand-alone and DAW. I don’t have a super complex signal chain but I can run at 64 samples and 96k without a hiccup. I don’t even think the software has been optimized yet and it still runs like a beast. To clarify, I have the M1 MacBook Pro, but aside from the fan, which NEVER comes on, they are the same computer. I should have got an Air in retrospect.
Helix Native has not been updated and I can’t get it to work on the M1. Apparently people have but I’m lost. Luckily that has forced me to spend more time Amplitube 5 and I’ll never go back to Helix. There may be differences but for me it’s not enough to really hear much a difference.
pjcass1981

Postby jdny » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:41 pm

When am I able to download Sampletank 4 on my new mac air m1?
jdny

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:09 pm

jdny wrote:When am I able to download Sampletank 4 on my new mac air m1?

You would need to use it via Rosetta 2 at this time as we do not have news of an M1 native version at this time. I'm not sure how it runs using Rosetta, if you want or need deeper technical assistance with that, our IK Support team can assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling