Amplitube 5 SE activates MBPro fans all the time

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 SE activates MBPro fans all the time

Postby SpinalCracker » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:33 am

Hi,

I tried several simulators (Guitar Rig, Bias FX, MatchLock, Amplitube CS) to replace my ME-80 and I liked Amplitube CS best. Nice sound, nice add-ons, so I decided to purchase the Standard Edition (SE). Contrary to the CS version however , the SE version is apparently very demanding on hardware, as it activates the fans in my '19 MacBook Pro all the time. Is there any way to run SE in a "quiet mode"?

Thanks very much,

Wopke

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
MacOS Big Sur 11.1
2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
SpinalCracker

Re: Amplitube 5 SE activates MBPro fans all the time

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 pm

I do not know of any Quiet Mode.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

------------------------------
Please contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube 5 SE activates MBPro fans all the time

Postby SpinalCracker » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi all,

Fortunately, this issue has been resolved. I increased the buffer size and that causes the CPU's to relax a bit more ;-)

Have nice day!

Wopke
SpinalCracker

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling