AmpliTube Effecting All Sound in FL Studio Issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube Effecting All Sound in FL Studio Issue

Postby TheDirector4 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Hello All and thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this. I've trying to record audio in FL Studio using the AmpliTube plug in. Every time I open it is effecting all of the audio of the song. Almost like it's feeding every track through the pedals and amps I've set up in AmpliTube. I've got my guitar plugged in through a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. The reason I know this is a plugin issue is everytime I delete it from the plugin list FX on the right side of the mixer the audio of the tracks are fine and I can record anything normally. What's funky of this is even if I don't record but just simply play the song with the AmpliTube FX the whole song is distorted and effected.

What settings am I missing to change this to just effect to input coming in from the guitar?
TheDirector4

Re: AmpliTube Effecting All Sound in FL Studio Issue

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:57 pm

I'll have a play with this, but in the meantime:

-if you are putting AT on the the master, it is going to effect everything.
-I've had a terrible time with amp simulators and FL studio. I'm a lifetime member so I still whip it out from time to time. However it's lightyears easier to use in STUDIO ONE, REASON, REAPER and ABLETON LIVE (even the lite version)

I'll test it out a bit later and see if they have improved it, just updated to newest version right now.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby TheDirector4 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Appreciate this and at a minimal putting into words what the problem is. I'm posting on FL Studio forums now to see if anyone has fixed this. If I get an answer before you play around, I'll post it here.
TheDirector4

Postby TheDirector4 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:30 pm

So thanks to you I confirmed that there were three AmpliTube effects that were effecting my master track. When I clicked over to the individual track that that I wanted to record onto there was also an additional AmpliTube effect. So in total I hard 4 AmpliTube effects running and three just on the master track. No wonder it sounded so bad :D Thank you for just naming the problem since I had no idea the effects could go into the master on FL since I'm new with their software.
TheDirector4

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:35 pm

Cool

The problem I keep running into on FL studio is that it always prints the wet signal, so I'm unable to turn off an amp sim on a channel and then compare it with another amp sim.

The other hosts I listed print a dry guitar when recording. I've talked with Scott in length and it seems to be a limitation of FL.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling