Is Amplitube 4 still available?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is Amplitube 4 still available?

Postby jeffy777 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Recently installed the free version of Amplitube 5 and not really happy with it as the menus are incredibly laggy and the VST version is buggier, and the presets from the Hendrix Collection I bought don't carry over accurately. I'm going back to 4 for now and want to install it on my other PC as well, but all the links seem to point to 5 now.

Is it still possible to download and install 4 as well as its Custom Shop?

Also noticed if I buy a pedal with credits in the latest Custom Shop it doesn't unlock the new pedal in 4 anymore. Is it still possible to unlock gear in 4 or no?
jeffy777

Re: Is Amplitube 4 still available?

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 pm

Someone more knowledgeable than me should be able to chime in, but I think I've got this one.

Go to your IK account and download version 4 which should be listed. Download and install. Then it is simply a matter of opening the Custom Shop and clicking on "restore my gear" and you should be good to go.

AT5 did not overwrite AT4 here so actually, you should still have it (I still use 4 for the rotors which they ditched in AT5 )
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jeffy777 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:41 pm

Ok thanks, but unfortunately I still can't get any new gear from the CS to show up in AT4 if the gear was purchased after the release of AT5. Looking at old threads, sounds like this is by design which really sucks imo.
Last edited by jeffy777 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffy777

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:19 pm

Yeah, I just noticed that it's only the IKPM that is the download. Bummer, there is no excuse for that and I just noticed the Satch VM and black speaker cab are NOT available in 4 (purchased after 5 came out)

That really sucks, plus I thought I had that one figured out.

Seems that IK ditched anything that is not AT5 and I don't see any legacy stuff (Peter pointed it out)

Could be wrong, but I don't know where it is.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:59 am

I think I found something.

Go to your JH download and it should either have the 4.1 installer or go to "past releases" and it should be there.

The thing is that I remember those installers having custom shop on the back end and maybe it's the legacy version. Anyways, might be peein' in the wind but thought I'd try.
livesforrap

Postby jeffy777 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:40 am

I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I noticed that the old version of Custom Shop is still in my x86 folder so I fired that up and hit the Restore My Gear button but alas, no dice. Any of the items I've purchased since the release of AT5 aren't on the list. I even tried to click the BUY button on one pedal just to see what would happen, but I get this message: "Your Custom Shop is outdated. You can continue using your gear credits for the purchase of new models in the new Custom Shop".
jeffy777

Postby livesforrap » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:11 am

Blasted thing! :lol:
livesforrap

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:53 pm

Please check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling